Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Is it Spring Yet?


Hello my friends!
Welcome to The Classic Card and Welcome Spring!

Yes, even though the weather isn't spring-like, today is the first day of spring.  I'm thrilled that it is officially spring.  Now maybe we'll get some better weather???  Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that in the great Pacific Northwest.  Here, the advent of spring just means more of the same... rain, rain, and more rain.  Ugh!  If I wasn't so busy, I'd pack up my pads, my punches, and my paper and head for the sunshine.  However, a lot of you are depending on me to keep you entertained through all of this depressing weather with fun stamping projects and ideas, so I just can't desert you in your hour of need!

Don't forget that all day today, Wednesday March 20th, I'm running an online ordering special for all of my established customers.  If you didn't get the info in Monday's email, please email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll see that you have the right information.

Sadly, Sale-a-bration is drawing to a close for another year.  The last day is Friday, March 22nd.  I'm winding up the biggest promotion of the year with my annual Bunco Night, which starts at 5:30 or whenever you can get here after work.  I'm making you a yummy Taco Salad Bar, giving away tons of Bunco prizes, and you'll get to make two fun cards as well.... all for a $50 purchase (and you'll get a free SAB item with your purchase!).  It's going to be lots of fun!  Everyone will go home with a prize... even the non-winners!  Everyone will be a happy stamper!  There are still a couple of spots left if you'd like to join us!

Even though we cannot bring out the capris and sandals just yet, we can at least get into the spirit of spring, can't we?  So with that thought in mind, here's a little spring-y brightness for you.  I know this card isn't going to win any prizes for its innovative layout or amazing embellishments.  It's just a clean and simple little card with a happy attitude.  Take a peek...


Need a quick birthday card?  Then a card like this one might just be the answer! This should take you under 10 minutes to create.  Ready, set, go!
First, start with a base of Whisper White, 5 1/2 by 8 1/2, fold it in half to make a card.  Next, cut a piece of Daffodil Delight 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Send it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Glue a piece of Designer Paper cut 2 1/2 by 4 inches to the bottom of the Daffodil Delight panel.  Wrap some Scallop Dot Grosgrain ribbon around the panel and adhere it in the back with double stick tape.  Adhere the panel to the front of the white card.  Thread some Baker's Twine through a button, tie the twine into a bow and set the button aside.  Stamp a focal panel in Tangerine Tango on Whisper White and punch out with the  1  3/4 inch Scallop Circle Punch.  Punch coordinating cardstock (here we're using Tangerine Tango) with the 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch.  Glue the two circles together, add the button with a dimensional and use additional dimensionals to adhere the scalloped circles to the card.  Done!  See, it didn't even take the full 10 minutes!
The DSP I used is called Floral District and the stamp set is called Pretty Postage.

Thanks for stopping by today for a visit!  I hope you'll come back on Friday for another classic card.
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment