Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Amazing Family....

Hellooooo!  Anybody home?

Welcome back to The Classic Card, my little blog where I get to share my cards (and a bit of my life) with my stamping friends.  I hate to say it in print (or out loud) but it looks like a typical Oregon spring break to me.... cloudy and rainy and too cold to even think about springy clothing.  I talked to my California daughter today and explained how it is spring break in Oregon this week.  Having weathered spring break in Oregon since she arrived here as a 4th grader, she knew exactly what I was talking about.  It was no surprise to her that I was wearing long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and a fleece vest, which seems to have become part of my uniform when I'm not wearing my Stampin'Up! apron.  Of course it was a beautiful sunny day in Davis, California and when I was talking with her, she told me it was about 70 degrees, and that she and Allie were taking a walk to the frozen yogurt store and both of them were wearing sun hats!  Now doesn't that sound lovely?    OK, enough complaining.... let's get to the card, shall we?


I made this card for a gathering of Stampin'Up! demonstrators that I attend once a month.  We always have a theme for our swaps and this month it was spring.  Since Father's Day is a spring holiday, I decided to create a great card that I can give to my sons-in-law on Father's Day.  Both of our daughters are blessed with wonderful husbands who also happen to be great fathers.  They cook, they bathe children, they read stories, they play with the kids, change diapers, get up in the night with sick children and do anything and everything that needs doing.  In the past, all a dad really had to do was bring home the bacon.  Dads these days are much more "hands-on" and are involved in all phases of parenting, and for that trend, I'm very thankful.  And so are my daughters.

This card, although masculine, is one of the more colorful masculine cards that I've made lately.  It features the great Parker's Patterns DSP that's in the spring catalog.  The stamp set is Amazing Family (hence the title of this post).  This set is perfect for all sorts of cards... not only Mother's Day and Father's Day, but also family birthdays.  And with the word "friend" included in the set, you can use it for just about anyone.

The ink is Not Quite Navy, as is the card base and mat for the focal panel.  The "best" sentiment is from the
stamp set "Blue Ribbon" (page 33 of the annual catalog).  I popped it up on a dimensional on a circle cut from Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I added some linen thread to give a bit of texture to the card without a lot of bulk, since I'll be sending these in the mail.    I found the layout in a stamping magazine, which I love to browse through to gather ideas for cards.

Thanks for stopping by today for a visit and please come back on Friday for another classic card.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment