Friday, March 8, 2013

All dressed up with somewhere to go!


Hello stamping friends!

Well, here we are back at Friday again and I say hooray!  What a wonderfully sunny day yesterday was, and the weatherman says we should enjoy similar weather today.  How exciting!  I'll take two sunny days in a row anytime.  I've been noticing that Spring is just about here, even though it doesn't officially happen until March 20th.  There are small green leaves beginning to unfurl on my hydrangeas, the daffodils are up, and my neighbor's ornamental cherry trees are just about to break bud.  If we have sun all day today, they might just burst into bloom!

Isn't there something about Spring that makes you want to go shopping for something fresh and new to wear?  I'm looking forward to doing just that as soon as I complete my closet purge.  I've got so many old clothes that are shabby, not shabby chic.... just plain old shabby!  Why I'm holding onto them is beyond me! Tops with frayed necklines, things that are faded, and pants that are thread-bare around the cuffs... out they go!

The card for today reminds me of the fun of dressing up for a special occasion.  Take a look....


Isn't this just the cutest card ever???  When I first saw the Dress Up Framelit Dies in the new Spring catalog
(page 32), I thought to myself  "There's one product I won't be purchasing."  But then when I started seeing all of the adorable cards made with these framelits, I just had to have them.  By the way, we're making this card at Jeri's party on Sunday at 2 pm at my house.  If you'd like to attend, just send me a quick email. We'd love to have you join us!

This card starts with a Crumb Cake base, then a folded Very Vanilla card is added.  I ran the front of the card through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  The dress form is cut from Crumb Cake card stock and then is stamped with the En Francais background stamp in Early Espresso.  The dress is cut from the Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack in Baja Breeze (from the Subtles Collection, p. 162 of the annual catalog). I used a piece of Taffeta ribbon in Crumb Cake to accent the waistline and one of the elegant flowers snipped from the 5/8 " Flower Trim (p. 5 of the Spring catalog) adds a lovely accent. Some tiny pearls around the neck of the dress form are the finishing touch.   The word "celebrate" is from the very versatile Fabulous Phrases set (page 133 of the annual catalog) and it is punched out with the Word Window punch (page 183 of the annual catalog).

Doesn't this put you in the mood to go shopping for a new Spring outfit?  Or maybe it puts you in the mood to purchase the Dress Up Framelit Dies?!?  That would be a happy thing as well!
May you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  Don't forget to give yourself permission to have a little fun.  After all, weekends are for more than just doing laundry, grocery shopping, and catching up on housework.  Those things will always be around, but meanwhile life is whizzing by!  So give yourself a break this weekend and get out and do something you enjoy!
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment