Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Zing for Spring!

Hello Stamping Friends!

By now we've had a couple of days to adjust to the time change, but it still isn't working for me.  I'm all about falling back...   falling back into bad habits, falling back into a comfortable chair, falling back to sleep, and falling back in October ( or is it November?) when we go off Daylight Savings Time.  But springing forward?  Not so much!  So today I thought I'd go for a spring-like color combination, in hopes of adding a bit of zing to my energy level.  Those of you who've been my customers for a while know that this color combination is one of my favorites... Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeaid (can Limeaid ever be unlucky?), and Wisteria Wonder.  How Stampin'Up! can even consider retiring these colors is beyond me.  I love each one individually and I love them together.  Hopefully they have something fabulous in store for us with the new 2013-2015 In Colors.

Check out this "fun fold..."



I'm not sure what this fold is called, but I guess Double Z Fold is the most descriptive. The two panels mounted on each side of the fold overlap in the front when the card is fully closed.  The base of the card is a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch panel of Whisper White card stock.  On top of that there's a 5 1/4 by 4 inch panel of Lucky Limeaid, with Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon wrapped around the bottom.  The Wisteria Wonder piece measures  4 1/3 inches high by 10 1/2 inches long.  It is scored at 1 3/4 and 3 1/2 inches from either end.
Then just fold the two front panels inward so they meet in the middle of the card, forming two Z shapes.  Then just embellish however you'd like.  The two rectangular panels that overlap the center of the card measure 2 by 1 3/4 inches.  This card would be lovely with some three-dimensional flowers on those panels, instead of the butterflies.  These fun butterflies are from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set (p. 115 of the annual catalog) and they are punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch ( page 184 of the annual catalog).

Speaking of Butterflies, be looking for an evite in your mailbox soon.  I'm having my first technique class of the Spring on Saturday, April 6th at 1 pm at my house in Sherwood.  It's called Beautiful Butterflies and  you'll make 4 gorgeous butterfly cards (envelopes included). Each card will use one or two different techniques and you'll also make a beautiful box to store them in.  What a fabulous gift this would make for your mom, sister, aunt, friend, or yourself!

I'm a busy bee today... getting ready for some fun stamping parties this weekend!  If you haven't already done so, be sure to order stamp pads, ink refills, and card stock, and ribbon for these soon-to-be-discontinued colors: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Lucky Limeaid, Wisteria Wonder, and Island Indigo.  I expect that all the supplies in these colors will sell out quickly once May arrives.  You might as well get them now, during Sale-a-bration when you'll get a free item for every $50 you spend.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Hugs.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment