Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to Normal


Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

This morning I'm breathing a sigh of relief--- Sale-a-bration is over for another year.  While I love getting together frequently with the best stamping customers ever (that would be you!), I'm willing to admit that I'm in need of a bit of a rest before starting up again.  As you all know, I need to keep my stamping business running year-round, not just during Sale-a-bration, so I'm super thankful to have some parties on my calendar in the months ahead.  I'd be so grateful to be able to do a party for you and your friends too!  Just give me a call or send me some email.

Just a reminder, the brand new 2013-2014 annual catalog (that's the big one!) will be arriving on June 1st, so June would be an amazing time to host a stamping party.  The catalog will be jam-packed with new stamps and accessories, not to mention new goodies exclusively for hostesses.  I've got dates open in April and May as well, so let's get your party on the calendar.

I'm excited about my upcoming technique class, Beautiful Butterflies, on Saturday April 6th at 1 pm.  This class has only two spots left, so if you'd like to attend, please let me know soon, so I can save a place for you at the stamping table.  The cost to attend is $15 or the class is free with a $40 purchase.  You'll make 4 cards, envelopes included, plus a box to store the cards and envelopes in.  Each card features a different stamping technique.

Then I'll continue the Technique Series with a Fabulous Flowers class where you'll use four different techniques to make some gorgeous flowery cards.  Save the date...Saturday, May 18th at 1 pm... for this fun class.  The last technique class in the series will be the Avian Art class on Sunday June 9th at 1:30 pm where we'll "put a bird on it," in true Portlandia style. Each class in the series will teach you new ideas that will kick your card-making skills up a notch and add great style to your cards.

OK... enough about upcoming events.  I know you really came here to see a new card and I don't want to disappoint you, so here it is...



I love the springtime look of this card with the pale yellow (So Saffron) green (Lucky Limeaid) and blue (Island Indigo).  the DSP I used is Tea for Two, which you can see on page 3 of the spring catalog.  And I'm sure you know by now that I'm a big fan of the sayings in the Feel Goods set (page 21 of the spring catalog).  The sentiment was stamped in Marina Mist because I wanted the card to have a lighter feel.  I think using Island Indigo would have made the card look a little less feminine and I was going for a "girly" look.  That adorable ruffled ribbon is going away at the end of May... better stock up on that before May 1st, because it will go quickly!

That's it for today stampers!  The Seattle troops are arriving today, on their way back from visiting family in California so I've got to get everything lined up for dinner tonight.  I hope you'll have a super Monday and a great spring break week ahead!  Enjoy!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment