Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Let's Keep Sale-a-brating

Hello stampers and happy Wednesday!

There are still about three weeks of Sale-a-bration left, so there's still plenty of time to make sure that you get all of the Sale-a-bration sets that you love before they are gone forever.  The card I have for you today is one we made last weekend at the Big Shot 101 class.  It features the Feeling Sentimental set.  I have to admit that when I first saw this set, I had a bit of trouble envisioning what I'd do with it.  But then when I saw a few cards made by people who are a lot more creative than I am, I suddenly saw the potential of this great stamp set.

Here's the card...



We used a fun technique to create the two-toned background.  I'm not sure what this technique is called, but it involves a brayer  (a hard rubber roller on a handle, p. 179 of the annual catalog).  You just open up the embossing folder of your choice (here we used the Lacy Brocade embossing folder on page 36 of the Spring catalog) and roll a light color of ink right onto the flat side of the embossing folder.  Make sure you get an even layer of color over the entire flat side.  Then lay the card stock on top of the ink, close the folder, and run it through the Big Shot.  When you remove the paper, the amazing design is revealed.  If you've never tried this before you'll be surprised at how beautiful it is! The ferris wheel (I believe it is supposed to be the London Eye) is from the Feeling Sentimental set, as is the sentiment. Both are stamped in Early Espresso and sponged in Crumb Cake.  The First Edition Specialty paper is sponged in Crumb Cake ink as well.  Everyone had fun flattening the small Soda Pop Top ( page 24 of the Spring catalog) in the Big Shot.  The tiny bee inside the bottle cap is from Collage Curios (also on page 24 of the Spring catalog).  A floppy bow made with the soft and silky Crumb Cake Seam Binding adds another vintage touch to a very vintage card.

I'm busy working on projects for a new technique class which I'll offer for the first time on Saturday April 6th.  My Beautiful Butterflies class will feature a different stamping technique on each of the four cards and there'll be a pretty box to place them in as well.  The set of cards will make a lovely gift for a special friend, or keep it for yourself... you're special too!

Hope your Wednesday will fly by!  We're well on our way to the weekend!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment