Monday, February 18, 2013

Sea Breeze


Well, stampers, here we are back at Monday again already!  How did that happen so quickly?  Isn't there some way to slow the weekend down?  I hope you did something fun that relaxed and refreshed you, because that's what weekends are all about!

For those of you who did chores all weekend and didn't find much in the way of relaxation, I've got a card for you today that is as fresh as an ocean breeze.  I know I've mentioned this before, but if you want a card that says clean and crisp, make sure there's an ample amount of white space.

The minute I saw the "By the Tide" stamp set in the spring catalog (page 19), I knew it was a "must have."
OK, I'll admit that I don't love the lobster that much, but the rest of the set is just my style. I've had a shell collection since I was about 7 years old.  I still have those shells from my childhood, along with many more that I've collected and purchased over the years.  In the summertime, they come out of their boxes and look decorative in glass bowls.  In case you think that script is just meaningless scribbles, let my laser-sharp vision decode it for you.  It says "Pink shells, white shells, and shells colored blue; smooth shells, crinkled shells, old shells and new; striped shells and plain shells lift by the tide; my shell is magic-- the sea sings inside."  Now isn't that a charming little quote for an ocean-themed card?  I love it!  Maybe you'd like to see the card now?



This is a gate-fold card, meaning that it opens in the middle, but you could just as easily make it a conventional card with the fold on the left.  I used the Stripes embossing folder for a nice crisp look to the  white card stock.  The colors here are Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, and Soft Suede.  I stamped the script in the background with Crumb cake, and then just started layering the other colors and images over it. I'm not sure how I'm going to get along once Pool Party and Calypso Coral retire at the end of May.  There are usually some In-Colors that I'm happy to see go away, but I'm really going to miss these two!  I love the look of the Calypso Coral baker's twine tied around the bottom of the focal panel.  I guess that will be going away on May 31st as well.

Do you have someone who loves the ocean, shells, fishing, or perhaps even lobster among your friends and relatives?  If so, you might find this set is just the ticket for creating cards they'll love.  May your Monday be as smooth as a tide-worn shell!  Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and come back on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment