Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sailing Along

Hello my friends!
Here we are sailing right into Wednesday and I thought we'd continue the ocean theme we have going at least for one more post.  I sent you a Sea Breeze on Monday, and today we'll be Sailing Along with the stamp set called The Open Sea.  This isn't a new stamp set, but I've given it an updated twist by using a couple of the newer In-Colors and some new Designer Series paper.

Take a look and see if you'd like to sail along with me...




I took my color inspiration for this card directly from the new Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack that you can see on page 16 of the new Spring Catalog.  This particular pattern reminded me of a paisley necktie and I thought it would be perfect for a masculine card.  I simply cut a strip of the paper, then "flagged" the end, which calls to mind a nautical flag.

The base of the card is Very Vanilla, and I layered on  a 5 1/4 by 4 inch piece of Summer Starfruit card stock, which I sent through my Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder for some masculine texture.  The focal panel is Very Vanilla also, and I started by inking up my clear block "C" with some Summer Starfruit ink and then just stamping the rectangle off center.  Next I inked the ship from "The Open Sea" (page 104 of the Annual catalog) with Midnight Muse ink and stamped it so that it overlapped the Summer Starfruit rectangle. I sponged the edge of the focal panel with some Crumb Cake ink to give an aged look.  I stamped the compass image in Midnight Muse on Very Vanilla as well, then punched it out with the 1 inch circle punch and then adhered it to a 1 1/4 inch circle punched from Midnight Muse card stock. It is popped up with a dimensional. Some linen thread wrapped around three times gives a nice masculine touch and brings to mind the ropes used on sailing vessels.  With no sentiment added to the front, this card could serve many purposes:  thank you note, birthday card, retirement card, thinking of you... just about anything!

There are good things coming up!  Kelsey's party starts at 11:30 on Saturday ( It's a Soup-er Saturday!) and I'll be serving a yummy Baked Potato Soup with toppings.  The cards will be fun, the company friendly... you can't miss!  Please send me a quick email to sjrstamps@gmail.com if you'd like to attend and I'll be sure to save a spot at the lunch table for YOU!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment