Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting Ready for Spring

Hello Stampers and happy Friday!

How was your week?  I'm hoping that it was great and that you are looking forward to some fun and relaxation this weekend.  Last weekend I was in sunny California and it was sunny indeed!  We visited with our daughter and son-in-law in Davis and there the daffodils are up and blooming, while ours haven't even peeked through the dirt yet.  There was a beautiful yellow rose blooming in the yard as well, while our roses  are just dead-looking sticks at this point.  So while we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring (March 20th), I've decided to do some "getting ready for Spring" chores.  First on the list is doing a little cleaning and re-organizing in my stamping room.   I find it so much easier to work in a neat and well-organized space, don't you?

Another way I'm getting ready for Spring is to start making some Easter cards.  Easter comes early this year, on March 31st, so it's time to get busy.  Here's a fun, springy card that I cased  (C.A. S. E. stands for Copy and Share Everything) from Janine Tinklenberg.  I changed the layout a bit, used a different sentiment and a different ribbon, but otherwise the card is hers.  Check it out....


The colors are Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White.  The stamp set is called Take Care ( p. 91 of the Annual Catalog).  The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen (p. 140 of the Annual Catalog).
I colored directly on the branch stamp with Wild Wasabi and Soft Suede markers, then cut it out by hand.  The nest was stamped in Soft Suede and then cut out.  The eggs were stamped in Baja Breeze, then also cut out.  I applied some Crystal Effects to the eggs to make them shine.  I'm sorry you can't see their shiny surface in this photo.  I used the new Cloudy Day embossing folder (p. 28 of the Spring Catalog)  to give texture to the Baja Breeze panel.  Some 1/4 inch stitched grosgrain in Wild Wasabi ( p. 173 of the Annual Catalog) repeats the color of the base panel.

Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today!  Have a great weekend and please come back on Monday for another classic card.  Thanks for being one of my readers.... I appreciate each one of you!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment