Monday, February 25, 2013

In a Rut?

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

Did you have a wonderful weekend?  I'm hoping that you enjoyed the sunshine.  Even though it was cold, I was certainly happy to see my old friend Mr.Sun!  My weekend was filled with stamping fun, and it is going to continue today with our SOS (Stamp Out Stress) gathering at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  I've got two fun cards to share that I think everyone will love.  If you'd like to join us sometime, we'd love to have you.  We meet the last Monday of every month at 1 pm.  The cost is only $3 for two cards and envelopes... what a steal of a deal!

I don't know about you, but I often feel that I'm in a rut when it comes to card design.  I love cards that have interesting folds or open in an unusual way, so why haven't I been making any of those lately??    Once Sale-a-bration is over and I have a bit more time, I'm going to put together a class that will focus on some unusual sizes and unusual folds, just to keep our card-making interesting.  I think it is possible to get in a rut that is so deep that you don't even realize you're in it, because you can't see out!  Heaven forbid that we fall into a rut like that!  So be looking for a class in April or May that will jazz up your card-making skills and give you some fun folds and formats to follow.

Speaking of classes... I've got a great one coming up in April and I think you'll love it!  It's a technique class so you'll be using some techniques that we typically don't do in a regular workshop, for lack of time. The theme for the class is "Beautiful Butterflies" and we'll be making 4 cards, each with a different technique, but all of them will be featuring butterflies.  The cards and envelopes will be slipped into a coordinating folder so the ensemble would make a lovely gift.  I have this class scheduled for Saturday, April 6th at 1pm.  If it fills quickly, I may repeat the class later in April.

Enough chatting!  Let's get to the card, shall we?  Take a peek...



This is a tri-fold latch card.  They seem to be on everyone's blog lately!  If you'd like the complete instructions, send a quick email to me at  sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll email you the measurements.  To make the base of the card, start with an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of card stock.  Cut it in half vertically at 4 1/4.  Then using your Simply Scored scoring  board, score at 3 inches and 8 inches.  I used the Print Poetry Designer Paper stack for the front panels of the card. The focal panel was stamped with the cake from Embellished Events (page 40 of the annual catalog).  I colored directly on the stamp with Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit markers..  The ovals were cut with the new Oval Framelits (page 4 of the Spring catalog).  That gorgeous ribbon is the Stitched Satin ribbon in Raspberry Ripple (p. 172 of the annual catalog).  The little tag that serves as the latch on the card was stamped with one of the Sale-a-bration sets "Pretty Petites" and then punched out with a coordinating punch, the Petite Curly Label punch which is also a free Sale-a-bration item (with a $50 purchase).

Well, stampers, I must run now or I'll be late in meeting everyone for our SOS group.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment