Friday, February 8, 2013

A Heart-y Hello

Hello and Happy Friday, everyone!

So glad the weekend is finally here (I consider Friday the un-official start of the weekend!), because that means I get to stamp, stamp, stamp!   Are you ready to join me?  With Valentine's Day creeping ever closer, it is past time to pull out your stamps, ink, and paper and create some hand-stamped love for those near and dear to you.  I can really get behind a day to show and tell people that you love them.... not just your sweetie but your mom, dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, grandmas and grandpas, neighbors, and friends.  I know it is terribly trite, but in the words of the old song "what the world needs now is love, sweet love," and I don't mean the romantic kind.  So let's all spread a little of that love around this old world, which is so desperately in need of it.

The card I'm about to show you was stamped by a very talented member of my downline, Sara Miller.  Sara's cards show a high degree of artistry and skill in layout and color choice.  Her cards are always among the most popular at our monthly Stamp2gethers, when demonstrators gather to share ideas and swap cards with each other.  Check out Sara's card and see if  you don't agree with me....



Here are some of the products that Sara used to create this fun card:

Stamps:  Pretty Petites ( free Sale-a-bration  set), Itty Bitty Bits ( p.25 of the Spring Catalog)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Real Red, Primrose Petals
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla card stock, More Amore DSP, In Color DSP in  Pool Party
Accessories:  Curly Label Punch, Petite Curly Label Punch ( free Sale-a-bration item), Vanilla Smooch 
Spray

This card would be perfect for just about anyone on Valentine's Day.  I hope I've inspired you to get going on some cards of your own.  In fact, why not have a little Valentine-making party with some of your friends?
Make some heart-shaped cookies, put the tea kettle on, and spend a fun "crafternoon" with your girlfriends! I guarantee that it will lift your spirits and theirs as well!  And when you are finished, you'll have some lovely cards to send.  

I must run now... I'm getting ready for Connie's party tonight.  Have a great Friday and a sunny weekend (unless that weather man was misleading us once again!).

Hugs to you, my friends!
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment