Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Hello there, stampin' peeps!
Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start.  And even if it isn't, the weekend is in sight, so that is a happy thought!

I hope all of you creative stampers are enjoying Sale-a-bration as much as I am!  At this time of year, I put everything on hold and concentrate on stamping, stamping, and more stamping.  This is the very best time of year to be a stamper, because you get free goodies with every $50 you spend.  So why not take advantage of this special time of year and get the stamp sets, ink pads, paper, and other accessories that you've been wanting?  After March 22nd, it'll all be over for another year.

My Wednesday card is similar to something I saw on another blog.  I've tried to go back and find it, but so far I've been unsuccessful.  Next time I need to write down my source.  I love the color combination of Primrose Petals, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake.   I'm so very sorry we'll be losing Pool Party at the end of May.  I'm also almost sick to think of losing Lucky Limeaid and Calypso Coral... I love those colors!  Be sure you have the ink pads, refills, and card stock for all of those outgoing In-colors, because after May 31st, they'll be gone, gone, gone!  Oh, and while you're at it, you'd better add some of that adorable ruffled ribbon in those In-colors as well, because that will all be gone too!

Too much chatting and not enough card?  I think so too, so here's the card...



The stamp set is, of course, the very popular "Bloomin' Marvelous" from the Sale-a-bration brochure.  How marvelous to be able to get this 8 piece stamp set free!   As I mentioned above, the colors are Pool Party, Primrose Petals, and Crumb Cake.  See how you can get different shades of pink by just "stamping off?"
The darker flowers were inked with Primrose Petals and stamped directly on the card.  The lighter flowers were "stamped off... (stamped once on scratch paper), then stamped on the card, giving a lighter shade.  By "stamping off," you can get two and sometimes three different shades with each of your stamp pads.  That makes your stamp pads just that much more versatile!

The hole in the Primrose Petals panel was cut with one of the framelits in the Apothecary Accents Collection (on the top of page 191 in the big catalog).  I stamped the butterfly in the "Bloomin' Marvelous set" in Pool Party ink on Pool Party card stock, then punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly punch that's on page 13 of the spring catalog. The larger butterfly was punched from Pool Party card stock using the Elegant Butterfly punch that's on page 184 of the big catalog.  I punched the leaves from Crumb Cake card stock using the Bird Builder punch on page 185 of the big catalog.  A row of tiny pearls brings more attention to that delicate butterfly.  I know you've got a friend or two who'd love to get a card like this for her birthday!  Why not pull out your stamps and make several?  That way, you'll be prepared for March birthdays.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Enjoy your Wednesday and don't forget to come back on Friday for another Classic Card.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment