Monday, February 11, 2013

Bunny Love

Hello there stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!

How was your weekend?  I hope that you had a chance to relax and regroup after a busy week and that you are now ready to face another Monday!   I was a busy bee this past weekend.... stamping, stamping, and more stamping filled my Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  So while the rest of you are ready to go back to work, I'm ready to rest.

With the gray and gloomy weather we've been having lately, it is difficult to believe that spring is just around the corner, but it is!  With Easter coming early this year (March 31st), it is time to show the bunny stamps some love. The fun little diorama card I have for you does just that.  Take a peek inside...



Aren't those frolicking bunnies just the cutest?  They are part of a new stamp set called "A Little Bit of Spring," (page 22 of the Spring catalog).  This fun set has 18 different stamps in it:  bugs, a frog, a flower, an Easter egg tree and eggs to decorate it with, an Easter basket, and of course these two cute bunnies.  I stamped the bunnies in Jet Black Staz-On ink, so that when I colored the images with markers, the black ink wouldn't run.  The Daffodil Delight card stock for the front is cut at 5 1/2 by 4 1/4.  I scored it at 1/2 inch and 1 inch from each end, then folded on the score lines so that the front pops out.  After scoring, I cut the oval hole with one of the new Oval Framelits (page 4 of the Spring catalog).  Then I sent it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The clouds were sponged on using a scallop circle I cut with my Scallop Circle punch and some Pool Party ink.  The grass is just sponged on with Lucky Limeaid ink.  I popped the bunnies up on some dimensionals.   The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.
I just stamped it on a narrow strip, flagged the ends, and then curled it with my bone folder.  A bow of stitched grosgrain ribbon in "Pretty in Pink" add a Spring-y touch, but a yellow or blue bow would work well too.

Maybe the best thing about this card, besides its obvious charm is that when you slide it into an envelope, it folds flat.  If you'd like to make this card, send me a quick email to sign up for my Easter class on Friday, March 1st at 7pm at my house in Sherwood.  The cost to attend is $10 or free with a $50 purchase. Your check holds your spot. I'll share some of the other projects soon.

Go out there and make it a great Monday, and may your week glide by without any drama or trauma!  Thanks for stopping by today.
Happy Stamping!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment