Friday, February 15, 2013

A Sample of Spring


Hi there stampers!  Welcome to Friday at The Classic Card. We made it through another week... hurray!  Wouldn't it be nice to have a few days of sunny and spring-like weather?  Who couldn't use a break?  I keep my body running on a whole alphabet of vitamins, but wouldn't some natural vitamin D in the form of sunshine be welcome right about now?

If you are feeling starved for warmer and sunnier days, I've got a little sample of spring for you today, in this card made with the new stamp set Spring Sampler.  This fun set has 24 images that are perfect for spring cards. There are rain boots and an umbrella, bunnies and eggs, birdies and nests, butterflies and bees, bugs and frogs... all the best of spring in one stamp set.  These images are sized perfectly to make "inchie" cards... cards made by punching out an image with a one-inch punch.

Check out my "inchie" card and see what you think.



I like my Easter cards on the pastel side, as you can tell.  Some people like brighter colors like hot pink, purple, and school-bus yellow, but I don't think anything says "spring" and "Easter" like the Soft Subtles color family from Stampin'Up!   I used some DSP from the Soft Subtles paper stack ( page 162 at the top of the page).  This particular sheet is in Pink Pirouette, the palest pink.  I stamped four of the images from Spring Sampler... the jelly beans in Pretty in Pink, the bunny in Bashful Blue, the egg in Certainly Celery, and the basket in So Saffron.  I then punched each image out with the 1 inch square punch.  I then punched card stock to match each image with the Scallop Square punch.  The sentiment is from the set Delightful Dozen on page 140 of the Annual catalog.  I punched it out with the Scallop Oval punch on page 184 of the Annual catalog.  Some pretty taffeta ribbon in So Saffron (our palest yellow) finishes of this "breath of springtime" card.  I love how this card turned out and hope you like it too!

Here's a little challenge for you this weekend.  Look through your stamp sets and find one with small images. Using that set, create your own "inchie" card.  I think you'll find that it is fun, easy, and fast!  Have a great weekend, everyone, and don't forget to come back on Monday for another classic card.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment