Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Magic of Papercrafting

Hello Stampers and welcome to Wednesday!

Oh my goodness... here it is the day before Thanksgiving and if you're like me, you have a to-do list that's grown to a frightening length!  Last night before I went to bed, I wrote down everything that I need to get done today.  I find that when I have a lot to do, that really helps me sleep.  Then I don't lie there going over and over everything in my mind.  If you're one who has trouble sleeping, try it.  Making a list might help you as well.

As I mentioned on Monday, I thought I'd show you the ornaments we made at Ornament Class #1 last Saturday.  I was a bit concerned about leading 12 people through the multiple steps involved in making the Christmas ornament that is shown on the front cover of the Holiday catalog, but my customers are so crafty that they took to ornament-making like ducks to water.  They came, they cut, they scored, they glued, they assembled, they hot-glued and in no time at all, everyone had crafted a gorgeous ornament.

Take a look at some of their creations...


 
 
 
 
 
Aren't these great?  I won't show you all twelve, but I'm sure you can see that they turned out beautifully!  These will make a wonderful tie-on for a special package, and of course they'd also look great on a Christmas tree, but I think they'd also make a wonderful "neighbor" gift or a gift for a co-worker.  Once you've made one, you'll see how easy they are. 
 
If you'd like to make an ornament like this, sign up for my Ornament Class #2, coming up on Saturday, December 8th at 1 pm at my house in Sherwood.  Send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com or give me a call.  My contact info is shown at the top of my blog page.  After you've enjoyed an afternoon of paper-crafting, cookies, hot cider, holiday music, and door prizes, I promise you'll go home with not only a beautiful ornament, but also a happy holiday mood!
I hope you'll come and join the fun!  The cost is only $10, or free with a $30 purchase.
 
Well, friends, I'm off to tackle that list now!  I hope you'll accomplish your list in record time and have a bit of time to relax tonight before the big day tomorrow.  We'll have a house-full, but thankfully the adults still outnumber the children so there's a good chance we'll all survive.
 
I'm thankful for YOU, my wonderful customers and blog readers!  May you have a great Thanksgiving Day tomorrow!
Hugs,
Susan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment