Monday, November 26, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Hello Stamping People!  Happy Monday!

Thanks for coming back for a visit after the Thanksgiving weekend. And what a weekend it was!  With 10 people in the house, the dishwasher and the washer and dryer were in constant motion... not to mention the mom and grandma (that would be me).  I was in constant motion too and now I'm ready to just sit in a corner and read or maybe zone out in front of the television watching sappy holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel.  But it is Monday and the start of a busy week, so I don't think I'll be doing either of those things. 

During a brief break in the rain, we took the kiddos out for a short walk on my favorite walking path that goes through a forested area and I suddenly realized that we're really into wintery weather.  It's time to look through the closets and drawers and finds those hats, gloves, and scarves because.... BRRRR!  It's cold out there! 

If you're thinking I might be showing you a BRRR-ish card today, you are absolutely correct.  Check this one out.



I thought you might want to get busy and make a few cards like this, place them in one of the easy card boxes that we've made at several of my events, and then give them as a great Christmas gift.  We all need thank-you notes after Christmas, so we can take care of thanking all of the people who remembered us with thoughtful and generous gifts, not to mention the hosts and hostesses who entertained us at holiday parties, and the nice neighbors who brought over a plate of cookies and fudge.

This card is super-easy to make, as it primarily uses just one stamp... the new Bold Snowflake stamp that's being offered as a single stamp for a limited time.  The item number for this great snowflake is 132338 and it sells for only $5.95 through January 2nd.  What a great price for such a versatile stamp!  It would also make a great Christmas card or New Year's card.  And another great thing about this super snowflake is that it coordinates with the Blossom Punch (#125603, 16.95) found on page 185 of the annual catalog.  For the sentiment, I used Sassy Salutations (#126317, 17.95) on page 143 of the annual catalog.  I just love that fun font, don't you?  The colors of ink I used were Baja Breeze and Marina Mist.

For a little extra pizzazz, I textured the Baja Breeze background with the Square Lattice embossing folder, then added a strip of the ultra-sparkly Silver Glimmer Paper (#124005, 4.95, p. 160), and topped it off with a snowflake punched out with the Blossom Punch. The Basic Rhinestone (#119246, 4.95)  added to the center of the snowflake adds a bit more frosty shine. The snowflake panel and the punched out snowflake were given extra sparkle with a spritz of Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854, 5.95)  mixed with a little rubbing alcohol.  Just combine a few drops of paint in a small spray bottle with enough rubbing alcohol bottle to make a milky-looking liquid. Shake well and spray.  The paper will curl slightly when the paint/alcohol mixture hits it, but as the paint dries, the paper will relax and lie flat again.  Hmmm, relax and lie flat.... that sounds kind of good right now, but no naps for me today!  I'm off to Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood for a fun afternoon of stamping with my SOS (Stamp Out Stress) group.  You could join us sometime!  It is only $3 for two cards plus envelopes... what a deal!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment