Monday, November 19, 2012

A Patchwork Christmas

Hello Stampers and happy Monday! 

Well, wasn't that a wet and windy weekend?  A couple of times a gust of wind hit my stamp room window with such force that the window rattled and shook.  Yikes!   But as I've said before, it's good stamping weather!  I had a lot of fun with the stampers at my ornament class on Saturday and again on Sunday with a group from Hillsboro/Beaverton.  I'm happy to be so busy!

Speaking of the ornament class... I'm thinking there may be more people who'd like to learn how to make the ornament on the front cover of the Holiday catalog, so I'm adding another class, which will be on Sunday, December 9th at 2pm.  Just send me a quick email and I'll save a spot for you.  The cost is only $10 or free with a $30 purchase.  The ornaments turned out great on Saturday!  Everyone's was a little different, due to the different colors of DSP used, but all were beautiful.  I'll show you those later in the week.  The process is not complicated and once you make one, you'll want to go home and make a bunch.  They make gorgeous tie-ons for packages and would also be a great gift for neighbors, co-workers, and people you like to remember with "a little something."

Well, let's get to the card I have for you today, shall we?   Check it out right now...



This great card is the work of Shannon Carrier, one of the talented demonstrators who attends our monthly Stamp2gether meetings.  I love how the ornament looks like a patchwork quilt.  Here is a list of the supplies used to create this fun card:

Stamps:  Sassy Salutations
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Champagne Glimmer paper ( p. 18 of the Holiday Catalog)
            Snow Festival Designer Paper ( p. 10 of the Holiday Catalog)
            Cherry Cobbler Card Stock
            Soft Suede Card Stock
Accessories:   Holiday Ornament Framelits  ( p. 3 of Holiday Catalog)

This technique is great for using up small strips and scraps of DSP, so don't ever throw any of it away. Start by glueing a strip of the DSP diagonally, then randomly add other strips (you can vary the width of the strips), butting the strips tightly together.  I think it might be easiest to work with a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch piece of card stock, which will easily fit into the Big Shot.  Once you have the whole sheet covered, then you can cut out several ornaments out of the same piece of paper, using the round ornament framelit in the Holiday Ornaments Framelit set.  I love the Sassy Salutations set... what a fun and contemporary font!  The Champagne Glimmer paper gives just the right amount of shimmer and shine. 

Don't forget the great Online Extravaganza sale that starts today (actually, it started last night at midnight) and runs through November 28th.  For every $25 you spend on the Online Extravaganza, I will enter your name into a drawing for a $25 gift certificate.  To shop, go to my business site at www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net.  You can also click on the shop now button at the top of my blog.  Over the weekend I emailed you a flyer showing all of the discounted products... there are some fabulous bargains!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope your happy Monday will be just the start of a great week for you. 
Hugs,
Susan



    

No comments:

Post a Comment