Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For the Troops, part 2

Hello stampers and welcome back to the Classic Card!

On Monday I spent a little over four hours at Curves in Sherwood, teaching the ladies how to make cards.  I'm grateful to everyone who stopped by my table and took a few minutes out of their busy day to make a card for our troops overseas.  We made a total of 35 cards and while that might not seem like a big thing, it will definitely make a difference to a solider who is able to send a card home to his/her spouse or child. And think of how that card will be treasured by the wife, husband, or child who receives it. 

As promised, here are the three cards we made that day.  I won't apologize that they aren't the most thrilling designs I've ever done.  I deliberately kept them very simple as I realized that many of the ladies have never stamped before. Also, most people who work out at Curves are on the run, literally.
They have a small window of time for their workout and then they need to return to work, pick up a child from school, etc.  So I knew that the cards would need to be not only simple to stamp, but very quick to assemble.  Take a look...




These are the three most-requested types of cards--- Love You, Miss You, and Happy Birthday.  The birthday card is pretty much gender-neutral, as is the Miss You card.  I admit that the Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango "love you" card is pretty girly.  No one in their right mind would ever send a card like that to a guy.  Each of these cards is easily stamped and assembled in under 5 minutes, so that's a real plus for people like us who tend to over-schedule ourselves. 

Thank you, Curves friends, for your time and willingness to thank our troops in this important way. I would especially like to thank Cheri, Kelsey, Carol, and Leslie, some of my stampin' "regulars" who took time out of their day to make several cards with me.  You are the best!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to come back on Friday when I'll have another card for you.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment