Monday, November 5, 2012

Super Simple Sympathy


Hello there stamping friends!
Happy Monday to all!

I have a very quick post for you today, as I'm running in all directions like a chicken with its head cut off.  Well, maybe not quite that frantically, but almost!  Why did I ever think retirement would be relaxing?  Silly me!

I had a great weekend and got to stamp with 10 fun stampers on Saturday at my Soup-er Saturday class.  Then I had more fun on Sunday with a great group of 12 stampers, mostly from the Hillsboro area.  We did a lot of stamping and laughing!  And since laughter is supposed to be healthy, I'm sure we're all healthier today than we were yesterday... a great side benefit of stamping!

Today's card is one of those cards that is so simple, yet so pretty.  I received a similar card at convention made by "jillibling" (don't have her full name) and thought it would make a perfect sympathy card, so I just changed the sentiment and here it is...




We made this card at a recent party, but for most of you, this will be something new.
The base of the card is Very Vanilla, embossed with the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder that's in the Holiday catalog.   The stamped panel is first stamped with the Hello Doily background stamp (p. 129) in Crumb Cake and then the Flowering Flouishes stamp (p. 121)  is stamped over it in Early Espresso.

The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts (p. 136) and it is also stamped in Early Espresso. Then I just added a pearl on three of the flowers for a bit of dimension.  This whole card can be done, start to finish in under 10 minutes... a lot less time than it would take to drive to the store and pick out a card.
And you get to have the fun of being creative!

My suggestion is to pull out some stamps and stamp up a few sympathy cards in advance.  Then when you need one, you'll be able to quickly get it in the mail.  I've got to run now, so I'll look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday, when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you. 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate all of you, my faithful readers!
Hugs,
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment