Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cool and Cute

Hello Stampers and happy Wednesday!

Today is the last day of the Online Extravaganza and I hope you took advantage of some of the great price reductions on some fun stampin' stuff.  If not, you still have until midnight tonight ... really 11pm our time... (11-28-12) to put your order in.  If you want to, you can call or email me with your order until 8pm.  Then I'll submit all of the orders together so that you won't each pay the $6.95 minimum shipping charge. 

I'm sure you've noticed how cold it has become the last few days.  We went out grocery shopping last night and we needed our heavy coats and hoods to keep from freezing.  I wonder if there's any snow in store for us this winter.   I've always thought of myself as a summertime girl, but for someone who loves the warmth and sunshine, it seems a little strange to admit that I get a little snow-crazy in winter.  Do you love snow like I do... from inside a warm house?  It's just so pretty!  I have no desire to build a snowman or shovel a sidewalk, although in the big snow of 2008 I did get out and shovel the driveway.  I guess that's what "cabin fever" will do to a person who's not accustomed to being house-bound.

For all you snow-lovers out there, here's a card that might float your boat...



If you are one of those procrastinating types and haven't started your cards yet, this would be a super-easy and quick card to produce in quantity.  This card is the work of talented demonstrator Sharon Dungan of Crestwood Kentucky and I received it in a swap at the Stampin'Up! convention last July.

Here's a quick list of what Sharon used to make this fun card:

Stamps:  Frosty Friends (page 9 of the Holiday catalog)
               Petite Pairs ( for the greeting, page 134 of the Annual catalog)
Ink:  Jet Black Staz-On
Paper:  Pacific Point and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Assorted markers, Two-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Glue Dots, Real Red Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.

She stamped the greeting first, then applied the two-way glue in a zig-zag motion over the bottom half of the card, going right over the greeting.  Even thought there's glitter on top of the sentiment, it can still be seen.  She also added touches of the Two-Way glue pen on the snowmen and then added glitter to them as well, for a sparkly shiny snowy card. 

I'm going to run now and I'm sure you have things you need to get done as well.  Let's meet back here on Friday for another Classic Card, OK? 
See you then!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment