Friday, November 2, 2012

Stand up and say "Happy Birthday!"

Hi there, stampers!  Yippee, it's Friday again and that means the weekend is almost here!

And what a weekend I have planned....packed with stamping on Saturday AND Sunday!  But that's the way I like my weekends to look, so that makes me happy.  I'm hoping that you've got some fun things planned as well.

Today turned out to be my day to babysit the adorable Miss Allie, so this post is going to be super quick!  This fun stand-up card is something I don't think we've made at any of my parties or classes, but if you'd like to learn how, I'd love to teach you.  It really isn't as complicated as it looks.  One of my demonstrator friends, Shannon Carrier, showed us how to make this at one of our Stamp2gethers, where demonstrators get together to share business tips, stamping ideas, and mutual support.  We all made one as a make-and-take so we'd have an example to show our customers.  Here it is...




Isn't this just great? Believe it or not, this little beauty folds flat so you can stick it into an envelope and mail it.  The directions are a little too complicated to go into here, but I'd be happy to include this as one of the projects at your Stampin'Up! party. Just give me a call or send me an email and we'll get a date on my calendar.  It isn't too early to book a party for Sale-a-bration... that wonderful time of year when you get a free stamp set for every $50 you spend (this year it starts on January 22nd and goes until March 22nd).  The paper is from Floral District (it's on page 163 of the Annual Catalog).  The base of the card is Tangerine Tango and the ribbon is Lucky Limeaid (page 172 of the Annual Catalog).  Floral District is one of my favorite designer papers in the big catalog... just love its cheerful saturated colors that bring to mind sunny skies and summer days (remember those?)  The sentiment is from a great hostess-only set called Wacky Wishes ( p. 204) and the flowers are from Bordering on Romance (page 120).

Thanks for stopping in today.  Thank you for being my faithful readers and my loyal customers!  I
appreciate each one of you.  Have a relaxing weekend everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment