Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello Stampers!  Welcome back to The Classic Card!

What a glorious sight I see as I gaze out my stamp room window... blue sky and sunshine!  I hope it lasts for more than an hour or two!  The red maples are covered with little buds and it seems like spring just might be on its way.  Being realistic, though, I'm sure old man winter isn't finished with us yet.  Sigh!

I'm sorry I've been gone so long, but last week the grandchildren were here and there was just not a time when I could get on the computer and write.  It seemed like I was always in the kitchen cooking either breakfast, lunch, or dinner for three hungry little kids.  After Amy and the kids left on Friday, I got the house back in order, then had a stamping party on Saturday and a wedding shower on Sunday. Today I can take a break, so it is going to be all about spending time in my stamp room creating some new cards to inspire you.  Hopefully that will work out.  Creativity is a funny thing.  Sometimes when you have a day to yourself and you sit down to be creative, it just doesn't happen.  I hope today is not one of those days! 

I do have a new card for you today though!  By some miracle an idea came to me over the weekend and I just had to try it out while it was fresh in my mind.  See what you think...




This sweet little bunny is part of the new stamp set Heaven Blessed, and can be seen on page 20 of the Occasions Mini-catalog.  Let me give you a quick list of what I used to create this sunny Easter card.

Stamps:
Heaven Blessed, p. 20 Occasions Mini-Catalog
Ink:  Jet Black Staz-On (for the bunny), p. 203
         Soft Suede ( for the sentiment), p. 180
Paper:  So Saffron, p. 178
             Designer Paper Stack, Subtles (I used the So Saffron Polka Dot) p. 186
             Very Vanilla, p. 180
             Watercolor Paper, p. 181
Accessories:  Very Vanilla Seam Binding, p. 195
              Extra Large Oval Punch, p. 212
              Ovals Die for Big Shot, p .220
              Designer Frames Embossing Folders, p. 218
              Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folders, p. 219
              Watercolor Wonder Crayons, p. 202
              Blender Pen, p. 203
              Dimensionals, p. 206
            
I stamped the bunny on the Watercolor paper, then punched it out with the Extra Large Oval punch.  Then I cut a larger oval with the Ovals Die for the Big Shot and embossed it with the Designer Frame Embossing Folder.  The bunny is then popped up from the embossed oval with some dimensionals.

The Easter Bunny will be hopping down the bunny trail on April 8th this year, so it isn't too early to think about making some Easter cards.  There is still plenty of time to order an Easter stamp set and some pretty pastel card stock so you can get started on some beautiful Spring-like cards.  Check out page 48 of the big catalog to see some other great Easter sets!  And since this blog is about inspiration, I hope I will inspire you to place an online order, which you can easily do 24/7.  You can look inside the catalogs by clicking on the picture of the catalog you wish to see.  Once you've decided on what you'd like to purchase then you can click on "shop now" and that will take you to my personal Stampin'Up! site (www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net)  where you will get the preferred price.  You can also add Clearance Rack  items to your order!
Don't forget, it is Sale-a-bration, so you'll get a SAB freebie for each $50 you order!

Well stampers, that's all for today! I'm off to Curves to get back into my exercise routine.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I came up with today in my quest to be creative.

Happy Monday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment