Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Sweet Little Treat

Greetings Stampers!

Well, my friends, it looks like we're back to "stamping weather," i.e. rainy, gray,  and cold.  But wasn't that sunshine glorious while it lasted?  I guess I'm OK with the return of stamping weather, as I have a whole lotta stamping to do!

Are you a Valentine's Day junkie like I am?  I just love everything about Valentine's Day!  Hmmm, I wonder if that's because Valentine's Day usually includes chocolate in there somewhere.  February can be a bit dreary, so all the reds and pinks of Valentine's Day... not to mention chocolate and flowers... really lifts my spirits.  When my girls were younger, we always had a Valentine's Cookie Party, where the girls invited their friends over for a cookie decorating extravaganza.  Then each girl took home a pretty plate of decorated sugar cookie hearts.  We did this event for years and of course I found little sugar sprinkles and red-hots in the corners even after I thought I cleaned up.  I don't think any of the other moms were crazy enough to turn a bunch of young girls loose in the kitchen with bowls of icing and tons of decorations.  I'm so glad I went to the trouble, because it's a very fun memory!

Speaking of sweet treats and Valentine's Day, I have a cute little item for you today that would be perfect to put in a lunch box or slide into a co-worker's mail box on Valentine's Day.  Take a look...



This sweet little treat is very easy to put together!  The topper for the cello bag is cut with one of the new Framelit dies that can be seen on page 6 of the Occasions Mini-catalog.  I cut it out of Pretty in Pink card stock, then embossed the tiny hearts with one of the new Adorning Accents Embossing Folders on page 7 of the Occasions Mini. Then I just folded the frame in half and sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  The heart was punched from Very Vanilla card stock with the Full Heart Punch, p. 210, then stamped with the free Sale-a-bration set Fresh Vintage using Crumb Cake ink.  The little flower was punched with the Boho Blossom Punch, p. 210 and it is held together with a tiny brad.  A bow made with the beautiful Crumb Cake seam binding, p. 195, adds the perfect finishing touch. The heart is tied onto the bow with a bit of Linen Thread, p. 194.

 Isn't this pretty and feminine?  Of course you'd never give something this "girly" to a guy!  Men just don't appreciate little pretties the way we do.  I'm sure you can think of some women or girls in your life who'd love to receive something like this.  And if you want, you can make it more of a gift by putting something besides a few chocolate kisses in the bag.... like earrings or a necklace, a gift card, a gift certificate for a manicure and/or pedicure... all would look nice nestled in some color-coordinated paper shreds.


Well, stampers, that's it for today.  I've got tons of things on my "to-do" list and I'm sure you do too!  Thanks for stopping by this rainy Wednesday!  I will be back on Friday with another classic card, so be sure and come back then.
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment