Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Origami anyone?

Hello Stampers!  Welcome back to The Classic Card!

Wow... after yesterday's sunshine, it looks like we are in for some cold and possibly snowy weather today!  You've got to love Oregon weather... there's always something to talk about!  A couple of days ago I was talking to my sister who lives in Sonoma County, just about an hour north of San Francisco.  The previous day it had hit 80 degrees and my elderly mom was asking for her fan and her summer clothes.  The day we spoke it was in the mid 70's and my sister had all of her windows open.  Couldn't we use a little weather like that?  I don't know about you, but it sounds like heaven to me!

Guess it's time to show you the card I made yesterday.... and if you'd like to join us on Saturday at Jeri's party, we'll be making this fun Origami fold card.   Here it is... see what you think.  By the way, I can't take credit for the origami square... I saw it on another blog and she saw it on someone else's blog and so on and so on.  Who knows who the original creator was? 



I started with a card base that is square, then embossed it.  Next I added the folded origami square, then topped it all off with the focal image. I love square cards, but don't love paying the extra postage required if you mail them in a square envelope.  Well, this card will fit nicely in a regular envelope, so no worries there!  Here's a list of what I used.  For ease in ordering, I'm going to start giving you the item numbers. 

Stamps:  Triple Treat Flower 122909  (By the way, you can get this stamp free with a $50 order because this stamp is one of the Sale-a-bration items). If you are adding this stamp to your order as a free Sale-a-bration item, the number is 127725.

Ink:  Lucky Limeaid Classic Pad, 122935
        Bashful Blue Classic Pad, 105209

Paper:  Cheerful Treat Designer Paper ( Only $8.00, but you can only get this paper if you are a hostess, so it cannot be ordered except at your party when you are picking your hostess freebies.  I've got lots of open dates on my calendar and I'd love to reserve one of them for you.  You'll be so happy you decided to host, once you see all the stamps and accessories you'll get FREE.)
Other Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock, 100730

Accessories:
Scallop Square Die for the Big Shot, 115950
Fancy Flower Punch, 118073
Five Petal Flower Punch, 119880
Petals-a-plenty Embossing Folder 116824
Designer Printed Brads, 122940

To make the Origami square, start with a piece of double-sided designer paper that is 4 inches by 4 inches.  Score the square at 2 inches, then turn and score again at 2 inches, so that your paper is now divided into 4 smaller squares.  Bring each corner to the center of the paper, lining up the edges with the score lines.  All outside corners should meet in the middle where the score lines cross.  Then take the point of each corner and fold it back to the edge, which exposes the other side of the paper.  It is easy and fun to make these little frames, and what a great way to use up all that double-sided paper you've been hoarding! 

Be sure to come back tomorrow, when I'll have another classic card for you that uses some bright and cheerful Designer Paper that I've never used before.  (Confession time here... I'm a paper-hoarder too!)
Stay warm!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment