Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cheer Up, Buttercup!

Hello to all of my stamping friends!  Happy February 1st and thanks for stopping in today!

Wow!  Do you see what I see out there this morning?  Yes, it's BLUE SKY! And SUNSHINE!  I know that capital letters are supposed to be like shouting, but in this case, I think a little shouting is in order.  Those of us who are accustomed to sunnier climates rejoice on days like this!

In honor of a sunny day, I have a sunny card for you.  Of course it uses stamps and accessories from the Occasions Mini-catalog.  Here it is...



This is the kind of card that makes me feel better just looking at it... an instant cheer-up!   It reminds me that winter will be over and that sunnier days will come.  A card like this takes just a few minutes to make, as there is nothing complicated about it.  The colors are Lucky Limeaid, for the panel backing the top layer of Whisper White, and then the rest of the color on the card comes from ink and a bit of ribbon. The colors I used are Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeaid, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo.  For the flowers that are popped up on the ribbon, I used the "rock and roll" technique.  Just ink the stamp with the lighter color, then roll the edges in the darker color and stamp. I layered two flowers one on top of the other for more dimension.  Bending the petals up slightly also gives more dimension.
The stamp set is the new Mixed Bunch set, which can be found on page 17 of the Occasions Mini. I punched the flowers out with the matching Blossom punch, also on page 17.  The center of the flower was punched with the 1" Circle punch, p. 212 in the big catalog.  The little tag is made with the Modern Label punch, p., 209 of the big catalog.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  If you don't already own Teeny Tiny Wishes, I think that should be the very next thing you order.  It's on page 157 of the big catalog and with that one set, you can cover just about any occasion that comes along, from new babies to funerals and everything in between.
The pretty ruffled ribbon in Lucky Limeaid can be found on page 194 of the big catalog.  The little tag is tied on with some Lucky Limeaid Baker's Twine, page 35 of the Occasions Mini.

Have questions?  Please email me and I'll be happy to answer quickly!  Do you have friends who are stampers?  If so, please refer them to my blog.  I'm always in need of more readers. 

Well, I've got to run....I'm busy preparing for my next class, the Fun Folds class on February 18th, where you'll learn some new folds to keep you from getting bored.  I hope the sunshine and blue sky lasts all day long!  Enjoy it while it's here!   Be sure to come back on Friday (Thursday is babysitting day) for another classic card.
Sunny stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment