Monday, February 20, 2012

Blue Monday

Hello Stampers!  Happy Presidents' Day!
Thanks for coming back for a visit to The Classic Card.  I hope to be posting more regularly this week, but I've got a crazy week ahead of me, so we'll see.

 It looks a little gloomy out there this morning, but that's not what I'm referring to in my title "Blue Monday."  No, the weather's not making me feel blue... it's just that I have a blue card for you.  If you know me at all, you realize that I'm just not a blue person.  I have very little blue anywhere in my house and very little of it in my wardrobe.  I love the warmer colors... Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso are some of my favorites. 

When I first laid eyes on the Fresh Vintage stamp set in the Sale-a-bration brochure, I was immediately drawn into the ideas shown in the brochure.  In fact, I was having trouble thinking of how I could use the set to make something different than what was shown.  So as I was experimenting with different ideas, I thought I'd try a monochromatic card... using just blue and white.  Here's what I came up with...


I love how it turned out! It reminds me of blue and white china, which is a very classic look.  As you can see, this is an easel card.  These are very easy to make, but if you've never made one and would like the instructions please email me (contact info at the top of my blog) and I'll email them to you. 
The colors here are Very Vanilla and Night of Navy.  The main image is from Fresh Vintage (one of the free Sale-a-bration sets) and the saying is from Petite Pairs.  I used the new Label Framelits to cut out the focal image and the Night of Navy panel behind it.  The easel panel was embossed with the Finial Press embossing folder, one of my favorites.  Some Night of Navy Grosgrain ribbon completes the card.  And there you have it... an easy and classic card, simple but elegant!

That's it for today, stampers!  I'm off to tackle my "to-do" list!  If you are having a day off from work today, enjoy! 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment