Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

Hello Stamping Friends!

Happy New Year and welcome back to The Classic Card!  I hope that each one of you enjoyed a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday season.  I know I did, but as fun as it was, I'm ready to get back to a routine.  I don't know about you, but I just do better and get more accomplished if I'm in a familiar routine.  During my holiday break, there were days when I forgot what day it was.  I guess that was a good thing, as it meant I was relaxing and not worrying about my list of things to do.  Now, however, my to-do list has grown to an alarming size, so it is back to work for me!

If you are an avid stamper and fan of Stampin'Up! products, you know that a very special time of year is quickly approaching... Sale-a-bration!  This long-awaited annual event happens each January through March.  This year the starting date is January 24th.  During Sale-a-bration, customers (that's YOU!) get a free item from the Sale-a-bration brochure for every $50 they spend.  There is no limit to the number of freebies you can receive.  There are also some fabulous extra goodies for hostesses too, so if you'd like to be one of my Sale-a-bration hostesses this year, please email me asap to see if I have a date left on my calendar that would work for you.  You might be wondering how to get the Sale-a-bration brochure (it is fabulous this year!).  The best way is to attend the amazing FREE Sale-a-bration Kick Off on Saturday, January 28th at New Hope Community Church in Clackamas.  For an invitation, simply email me and I'll send you a postcard that will serve as your admission ticket and door prize entry.

OK... enough of that!  Wouldn't you say that it's time for a card?  I agree, so here you go... a couple of  new cards to inspire you to pull out your stamps, ink, and paper and get busy...



Yes, stamping friends, it is time to begin making Valentines!  While I love the predictable Valentine's color scheme of red, pink, and white with maybe a little black, espresso, or gray thrown in for contrast, it can get a bit boring, so here I've abandoned those colors altogether and used an unconventional color scheme which was inspired by the fun Berry Blossoms Designer Paper.  The colors in this paper collection are Early Espresso, Lucky Limeaid, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, and Whisper White.  As you can see, I've varied the size on these cards. I must admit that I'm pretty tired of making cards in the traditional 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch size, so this time we have a square card and a rectangular card, just to add a little extra interest.

Let me quickly run through the items I used on each card.  Let's take the square card in the back first.  For this one I used a layout from Mojo Monday, a fun card sketch site that posts a new card layout each Monday at www.mojomonday.blogspot.com

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen, (p. 167)
Ink: Calypso Coral
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeaid, and Whisper White card stock, Fruit and Flowers DSP (p. 185)
Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (p. 219)
                      Scallop Circle Die (p. 222)
                      Full Heart Punch (p. 210)
                      Heart to Heart Punch (p. 210) for the small Early Espresso Heart used on the sentiment
                      Scalloped Heart of Hearts Sizzlit (p. 216) for the white scallop-edged heart
                      Extra-Large Oval Punch (p. 212)
                      Ruffled Ribbon in Calypso Coral (p. 194)        
I love how this card turned out and if you mail it in standard envelope, it won't take any extra postage.  There are no lumps and bumps on it either, so it should go through the mail quite nicely.

Now let's talk about the rectangular card. Most of the supplies are the same as the first card.  Extra items used only on this card are the Decorative Label Punch (p. 209) for the sentiment and the Scallop Dots Ribbon in Chocolate Chip (p. 195), turned so the dots don't show.  This card is sized at 3 inches by 6 inches and slides nicely into the Small Open-End Envelopes (p. 182).  You get 20 of these in a package and I love using them as they are a nice change from the usual.

Well, stampers, that's about it for today!  I'm hoping to get back to posting each weekday, but I'll be missing you tomorrow as it is my day to care for the adorable Allie.  I plan to return on Thursday with another fun Valentine for you.  Oh, and speaking of Valentines... I'm hosting a fun Valentine-making event on Saturday, January 21st at 10:30 am at my house.  Check your inbox for an evite coming soon!

Happy New Year and Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment