Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweet and Petite

Hello Stampers!

Yay... it's Friday!  I'm excited about the weekend because I get to re-connect with some of my favorite people, my customers!  It has been quite a while since I've had a Stampin'Up! event, but I'm having one tomorrow at my house.  We're making Valentines, one of my favorite types of cards to make.  I've loved Valentine's Day ever since my elementary school days, when we made Valentine boxes and decorated them for the school Valentine's Day party.  Anybody "old" out there like me?  Remember the shoe box that was magically transformed by construction paper, crepe paper, lots of glue, and maybe some glitter for good measure?  I wonder if children still make those. I guess I'll have to check with my granddaughter Emma.  I always thought mine was the most beautiful!

Today I've got a cute 3 " by 3" card for you.  In Stampin'Up! parlance, these are called Love Notes.  In fact they were sold a few years back under that name.  But a 3 by 3 card is so easy to make that now we make our own and just purchase the Mini Envelopes, sold on page 182 of the big catalog to go with them.  These little cards make a perfect accompaniment to a birthday gift, shower gift, hostess gift, or really any gift you're giving.  You don't need a big card when you are giving someone a present.  I save the larger cards for the times when I'm not giving a gift.  Oh, that reminds me...  if you write your message on a post-it note and place that inside of the card, then your card becomes a gift, as the recipient now has a lovely card to send on to someone else.

OK... let's get to the card...



This little 3" by 3" inch cutie starts out with a piece of Whisper White card stock, cut at 3" wide by 6 " long, then folded to make a 3 by 3 card.  Then I just started layering on the other card stock, for a total of 6 different layers.  The red is Riding Hood Red, and the printed paper, or DSP (Designer Series Paper) is from the Twitterpated Collection in the Occasions Mini-catalog, (p. 13). As you can see, I punched one layer with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch (p. 211).  The focal image is from the Bordering on Romance stamp set (p. 11 of the Occasions Mini) and was stamped in Basic Black and then colored with my Riding Hood Red and Always Artichoke markers. A tiny heart, punched with the Heart to Heart punch (p. 210) was popped up with a tiny piece of a dimensional (foam dot) and I added a tiny Basic Rhinestone (p. 198) to the center of the flower for a bit of bling. The focal panel was punched out with the Postage Stamp punch (p. 212) and the scalloped layer behind that is punched from Riding Hood Red card stock with the Scallop Square punch (p. 210). Wouldn't this little card be a perfect addition to a Valentine's Day gift for your special someone?   It would also be a sweet addition to a small gift of candy or a special cookie that you slide into your co-workers' mailboxes on Valentine's Day. 

Well, stampers, I think I've come to the end of this post. Thanks for stopping by today.  Please tell all of your stamping friends about this blog.  I'm always looking for new readers!  I'll be busy this weekend with 2 stamping events, but I'll be back on Monday with another card to inspire you to stamp, stamp, stamp! Meanwhile, enjoy the weekend!  As I've mentioned in an earlier post, it looks like "stamping weather" (i. e., cold, rainy, gray, and dreary) is here to stay for quite a while.   Don't let it get you down! Turn on the lights, make some coffee or tea, and stamp something pretty!
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment