Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cute and Clean

Hello Stamping Friends!

Welcome back to another edition of The Classic Card!

Many of you who attend my stamping parties, classes, and other events know that I'm a big fan of the "clean and simple" school of thought when it comes to stamping.  This style is not only visually pleasing, but it turns card-making into something that can be integrated into a busy life, as cards in this style are not time-consuming to make.  I think what appeals to me most is their fresh and breezy look, like a sunny, just-cleaned room with the windows open.  Now contrast that visual image with an overdone, over-embellished card with too many layers, too many images crowded onto the front, and too many ribbons, buttons, and bling.  Those cards remind me of a dusty, over-decorated Victorian parlor that hasn't seen the light of the sun in years.  Does that adequately explain why I love the clean and simple look most of all? 

OK, stampers.  With all that as background information, I'd like to present today's card--- a clean, fresh, cute card made by one of the talented stampers in my downline.  Downline, you ask.   What is that?  My downline members are simply stampers like you who have decided to join me in the Stampin'Up! adventure.  They have become Stampin'Up! demonstrators for many different reasons, the most important being that they love stamping!   Of course they love getting a demonstrator discount on all their purchases as well.  This adorable Valentine was created by my friend and fellow demonstrator Susan Sadzikowski.  Susan is a retired second-grade teacher and besides sharing the same first name, she and I share many of the same interests, including cooking, entertaining, decorating, and all things domestic.  On top of that, Susan is a quite a gardener as well, growing lots of flowers and vegetables on her Oregon City acreage.  With all that she does, Susan--like me--- is a clean and simple stamper.  Check out this cute card...



You can be sure that we'll be making this great card at one or more of my upcoming stamping events.
I love it because it is not only clean and simple, but cute and quick.  Let me give you a run-down of the supplies you'll need to re-create this card yourself.

Stamps:  Sweetheart (p. 60)
Ink:  Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie marker, for coloring the bird's beak
Paper:  Rose Red, for the back panel and the heart, Whisper White for the front panel
Accessories:  Full Heart Punch (p. 210)
                      Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (p. 219) for the heart
                      Framed Tulips embossing folder (p. 218)
                      Basic Pearls (p. 198) for the bird's eye
                      Dimensionals (p. 206) for elevating the heart

As you can see, this card doesn't take a lot of supplies to create. You could easily make multiples of this design and brighten a lot of lives on February 14th.  And if February 14th turns out anything like today, a little mental sunshine in the mailbox would be a welcome thing indeed! OK stampers, start your engines!  Stamp something pretty today!
Oh, and don't forget to come back tomorrow, as I've got another great Valentine to share.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment