Monday, January 30, 2012

Pretty Pocket

Hello Stamping Friends and Happy Monday to you all!

It was quite a weekend, I must say.  First the big Sale-a-bration Open House at New Hope Community Church on Saturday, then a stamping party at my house on Sunday.  I'm glad it's Monday so I can take a deep breath!  Don't get me wrong... I have plenty to do.  One thing I'm working on is dreaming up great cards for the Fun Folds Card Class on Saturday February 18th at 10:30am at my house.  You'll make 4 cards, each with an unusual fold.  I've sent out an evite, so please check your inbox (and perhaps your spam box)  if you haven't received the evite.  I'm going to feed you some yummy brunch food and there will be some good door prizes to win.  I guarantee that you'll learn some great new card ideas, you'll go home with 4 beautiful cards, AND you'll have fun too! 

I've got a card for you today that I think you'll love.  It was part of my presentation at the Sale-a-bration Open House and features the Apothecary Art stamp set and the new Label Framelit dies.
Check it out...




This pretty pocket card might be just the thing for you to try, especially if you are bored with "the ususal."  Being in the card-making business, I must admit that I get pretty bored with cards that have the fold on the left.  For this card I started with a sheet of 8   1/2 by 11 card stock in the lovely Pool Party color and cut it down the middle vertically at 4 1/4.  I scored the card stock strip at 5 inches, then folded on the score line.  I rounded the corners, embossed the front of the pocket with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and glued the edges together with Sticky Strip.  The insert to slide into the pocket is 3 1/4 by 5 inches.
Now let's talk about the pretty focal image on the front of the pocket.  I used the new Apothecary Art stamp set that you'll see on pages 24 and 25 of the Occasions Mini-catalog.  I first inked the entire stamp with Crumb Cake, then colored the leaves and flowers with Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeaid markers.  After breathing on the stamp to re-moisten the ink, I stamped the image on Very Vanilla card stock.  Then I used one of the new Label Framelit dies to cut it out.  I used the next largest size framelit to cut the Poppy Parade mat behind the stamped image... so simple to do, but so stunning!
The pretty printed brad at the top of the insert card is from the free Sale-a-bration Ribbon and Brad bundle and that's Baja Breeze seam binding tied around the brad.  The sentiment on the insert is found in the On Your Birthday stamp set (page 163 of the big catalog).
I encourage you to try making a pocket card... they are fun to make and fun to receive.  You can tuck all sorts of things inside, along with your greeting... a flat piece of candy, such as a Ghirardelli Square, cash, a gift card, a gift certificate, movie tickets... you get the idea!  I know you're probably busy today, but take a few minutes to make a pocket card for someone.  Even though it is Monday and you've got a lot on your "to-do"list, you deserve a few minutes of fun!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure and come back tomorrow for another classic card!
Happy Stamping!
Susan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment