Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another Sale-a-bration Peek!

Hello stamping friends!
I hope you had a great Tuesday.  I missed you yesterday, but now I'm back at The Classic Card with another sneak peek for you. Today's card features the free Sale-a-bration set Sprinkled Expressions.  When you see the card, you'll understand the name of this set, as the main images look as if they are being sprinkled onto the card.  But I like the sentiments even better, especially this one.  It says "Love you just the way you are," and it is a good reminder to offer the gift of love and acceptance.  As moms, we're always trying to improve our children and make them better people.   Sometimes that drive for improvement spills over onto others in our lives, like our spouses (smile).  And most of the time that energy could be better directed into improving ourselves!  Oh, and that brings me to another point.  There's nothing wrong with loving and accepting ourselves just the way we are.  Let's face it... we'll never be perfect, so let's save ourselves a lot of time and annoyance and just strive to be more loving and accepting of people... including ourselves!
Now that we have all that out of the way, let's get to the card...


Aren't these colors bright and happy?  I took the colors directly from the Everyday Enchantment Designer Paper that you can get as one of your free (with a $50 purchase) Sale-a-bration items.  And as I mentioned before, the stamp set is called Sprinkled Expressions, also a free Sale-a-bration set. See how the heart seems to be breaking into smaller hearts and sprinkling them downward? 
Let me give you a quick run through on the supplies I used to make this card:

Stamps:  Sprinkled Expressions
Ink:  Poppy Parade
Paper:  Everyday Enchantment
            Very Vanilla
            Lucky Limeaid
            Poppy Parade
Accessories:
            2 1/2 inch Circle Punch (p. 212)
            2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch (p. 210)
            Large Oval Punch (p. 212)
            Scallop Oval Punch (p. 210)
            1/2 inch Stitched Poly Ribbon in Poppy Parade (p. 194)
            Dimensionals (p. 206)

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Sale-a-bration to start on January 24th  It is the happiest time of the Stampin'Up! year (pretty stamping stuff + free= happy) and it comes at a dreary time of year when we all need a little "happy" in our lives.  If you'd like to get even more free goodies, the easiest way is to be a hostess.  Just round up your friends and bring them to my house.  It is as easy as that!  I'll entertain you and your friends with some great cards and when it is all finished, you'll get the freebies! Please send me an email at  sjrstamps@gmail.com so we can save a date for your party.

OK, stampers, that's my post for Wednesday.  Hope you'll all have a good day!  Don't forget to take a few minutes out of your busy day to stamp something pretty.  Even a ten or fifteen minute break from the rat race will do wonders for you!  Speaking of the rat race.... I'm taking a break for a week.  I'll return next Wednesday with another classic card.  Meanwhile, spread a little love and acceptance around.  You'll be happier and so will everyone else!
Happy stamping!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment