Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cardinal with the Bird Builder Punch

The days are flying by and now that December is here, the countdown starts.  How are you coming along with your Christmas "to-do" list?  Right now I'm working on getting all of my cards addressed and mailed.  Once I have that done, I always feel a great sense of accomplishment.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, no I don't make hand-stamped cards for Christmas.  As most of our friends and family are out-of-state and we don't see them often, it makes more sense that we send out photo cards so everyone can see how much we've aged over the past year.  And of course we include pictures of the grandchildren on our photo cards as well. 

Here's the Wednesday card for your enjoyment...




 This one was stamped by Geri Stuart and I received it in a recent swap. She used the branch and one of the sentiments from the Joyful Season stamp set (the one with the cardinal) that's in the holiday catalog.  She used the Softly Falling embossing folder to make the snowy background, but the thing I like most is that she used the Bird Builder Punch to punch out the bird, then punched an extra wing piece to make the cardinal's little pointy crest.  Pure genius!  Why didn't I think of that???

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be showing Christmas cards.  At some point, I've got to pull the plug on Christmas, as by now most of you have picked a design and are in production mode.
I'll probably finish out this week with another Christmas card, but after that, don't be surprised if you don't see any more Christmas designs for a long, long while!

I hope you'll check back with me on Friday.  
Hugs,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment