Monday, December 7, 2015

Watercolor Wings

Hello all you stampers out there in stamping land!

Wow!  Is this great stamping weather or what?  There's nothing like a rainy day to give the perfect excuse to stay home and stamp!  I'm sorry if you have to brave the rain and wind to go out and shop for Christmas gifts.  I've been doing my shopping online and I'm almost finished, thankfully!  

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a nice long break from Christmas cards.  Have  you finished yours yet?  Have they been mailed?  I'm hoping to focus on other types of cards now.  I hope that you aren't disappointed, but since I've been making Christmas cards since September, I think you'll understand that it's time for a change of pace.

Check out this pretty card that I received in a swap with other demonstrators...



This beauty, made by Julie Pedersen, uses the Watercolor Wings set that's on page 75 of the annual catalog.  The colors are Bermuda Bay, Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, and Pool Party.  The splatters in the background are from Gorgeous Grunge (p. 123).  The sentiment is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set on page 124 of the annual catalog.  It doesn't show up very well in my photo, but Julie used some ordinary gray sewing thread to accent her card, which gives the card a bit of extra texture.  I hadn't thought of doing that, but it does look interesting!

What's on your calendar this week?  I'm pretty sure Christmas will be taking a spot at center stage this week for most of us.  I've got a good head start, but there is still much to do, so I'm off to conquer my list.  Have a great week everyone!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment