Friday, December 4, 2015

Oh Deer, How Cute!

Yippee, it's Friday!

I'm excited for tomorrow's class, my annual Santa's Workshop, where we make some fun packaging projects.  It's great to give baked goodies like cookies or yummy treats like fudge or other homemade candies or snacks, but sometimes packaging them can be a challenge.  So each year I host this class to help you think of interesting and attractive ways to present your gift.  Since I've already shown you what we'll be making tomorrow, I'm going to show you a cute card today...



This card has a lot going on, but I just had to show it to you.  Aren't those little fawns just the cutest?  All of the designer paper on this card is from the Home For Christmas collection, shown on page 9 of the holiday catalog.  The description of the Home for Christmas product suite says "hand-drawn imagery evokes the nostalgic feelings of Christmas past."  I have to admit, those fawns look like a wrapping paper design from the 50's... very retro!  Yes, you guessed correctly... this is another swap that I received.  The stamp artist is Liz Thayer.  To embellish her card, Liz used some Sahara Sand lace trim (page 159 of the annual catalog), along with some Real Red 1/4 inch Cotton Ribbon.  She sponged the wooden Snowflake Element (page 23 of the holiday catalog) with some Real Red ink, then added a rhinestone in the center to jazz it up even more.  The "celebrate" sentiment is from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set on page 6 of the annual catalog.  Liz used the Washi Label punch on page 166 of the annual catalog to punch it out, then added a sparkly mat of Gold Glimmer Paper, also punched with the Washi Label Punch.  

That's it for today, stampers!  I'm off to bake a German Chocolate cake for my customer, Anita, who is having a birthday tomorrow!
Thanks for reading my blog!  
Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment