Friday, December 6, 2013

Yippee! It's Friday!

Welcome once again to The Classic Card!

We've survived the first week of December and now the weekend is here!  I'm going to be stampin' like crazy this weekend, first at my class on Saturday and then at Lisa's party on Sunday afternoon.  Then I'll be finished with stamping until January 25th, 2014 when I'll be hosting my annual Sale-a-bration Open House.  Mark your calendars for this fun event!

So at last we come to the end of the Christmas projects I wanted to show you.  On Monday, we'll be moving on and I'm hoping to be able to show you some birthday, thank you, and thinking of you cards... the kinds of cards we need for everyday occasions.  I'll be receiving my new goodies from the new Occasions catalog soon and I'm planning on squeezing in some creative time so I can show you some of the great products that are in store for you once the Occasions catalog goes "live" on January 3rd.

Here's the fifth and final Santa's Workshop project...



This great box is called the Tag a Bag Gift Box and can be found on page 158 of the Annual Catalog.  It is 6 7/8 inches long,  2 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/8 inches tall.  This versatile box would be great for all sorts of occasions, which is why it is in the Annual Catalog and not in the Holiday Catalog.  Of course here I've gussied it up for the holidays, but it would be equally pretty decorated for Valentine's Day (with yummy Dove chocolates), or for Easter filled with Cadbury Eggs, marshmallow peeps, or jelly beans.  The Annual Catalog shows it filled with golf balls and tees and another photo shows it as a baby gift with a rolled up onesie inside.  Again, let your imagination and your bank account be your guide (keys to a new car?  Airline tickets to Paris?  A diamond bracelet?)  Or, more realistically, how about a row of yummy cookies?
Once again, I used some of the Season of Style Designer Paper (page 23 of the Holiday Catalog to wrap around the clear sleeve that slides over the box.  I added a Cherry Cobbler bow made with the Gift Bow Die on page 37 of the Holiday Catalog.

Thank you for sticking with me through the 5 days of Santa's Workshop.  Please come back on Monday for a breath of fresh air as we take a look at a non-holiday project.  Meanwhile, have a holly jolly weekend filled with Christmas season fun (shopping, wrapping, baking, and tree-decorating)!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment