Friday, December 20, 2013

Clean and simple

Hello Stampin' Friends!

Can you believe that it's December 20th??? Where did this month go?  I guess the busier we get, the faster the time flies!  And I think it speeds up the older we get as well.  Remember how it seemed to take forever for Christmas to arrive when you were a kid?  Remember how a summer could stretch on and on with seemingly no end in sight?  Ah, those were the days!  Remember how a birthday was something you looked forward to with great excitement and anticipation?  I think those feelings stop sometime in our twenties, when we no longer look forward to being older.  But like it or not, if we're lucky enough to be alive, we're going to have birthdays.  And of course our friends will have them as well.  So we might as well be prepared with some birthday cards that are ready to send.

Today's card is perfect for a friend of a certain age... someone who might not be too thrilled to be another year older.  This aging stuff gets scary after a while!  I love the sentiment, which reads "I don't believe that it's your birthday.  You don't look any older than you did last year."   A teenager certainly wouldn't appreciate that thought, but all of my friends would adore a card like this.  Here, let me show you the card...



The sentiment is from a fun stamp set called See Ya Later and you can get it FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration (Jan. 28-March 31st).  The other items you can earn with a $50 purchase are the new dotted embossing folder called Decorative Dots and the Sweet Sorbet designer paper.  The striped paper in the background is part of the Sweet Sorbet collection as well.

I'd like to interrupt this blog post for a couple of important announcements....
First, I'm going to be taking a week off from blogging, so I won't be here on Dec. 23, 25, or 27th and you shouldn't be either.  You need a break too!   I plan to be back on Monday, Dec. 30 with another classic card for your stamping inspiration.
Secondly, please mark your calendars for a big Sale-a-bration Open House on Saturday, January 25th from 11-3 at my house.  There'll be displays, make-and-takes, lots of door prizes and yummy food. You'll be receiving an evite after the first of the year.  If you don't have your Sale-a-bration party booked, why not do that soon, while there are good dates open?  Please drop me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and we'll find a date that works for you.
Lastly, thank you for journeying with me throughout 2013!  Thank you for being my faithful readers and keeping me company here at The Classic Card.  I appreciate each one of you and I look forward to sharing more stamping ideas with you in 2014.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment