Monday, December 30, 2013

The sad story of the un-Christmas

Hello Stamping Friends!
Welcome back to The Classic Card and thanks for stopping by this fine Monday!  I hope you all enjoyed a very happy and cozy Christmas with those you love.

Later today I'll be joining some of my customers for a fun afternoon of stamping at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We'll be making two cute Valentines, chatting, and enjoying a delicious latte or other yummy drink.  Wish you could join us!

Before we get to the card, let me relate the sad story of the un-Christmas.  Oh, I guess it's not really THAT sad. Suffice it to say that the Awtreys, who were supposed to come down from Seattle for Christmas on the 22nd were not able to travel to Portland until the 28th.  One by one, they all came down with the very nasty norovirus bug.  Then once that was over, Emma succumbed to a secondary viral infection and had a very high fever for several days.  Ugh!  It was the first Christmas John and I had spent without children since 1976, the year before Amy was born.  We were definitely at loose ends that day!  No presents were opened, although I did cook a nice dinner.  It was just a very strange day.  We finally opened gifts yesterday.  With three children in the family, I guess a sick Christmas had to happen sooner or later.  We are hoping for a germ-free Christmas next year.

I'm sure I already mentioned that demonstrators get to pre-order stamp sets and goodies from the new catalogs before the catalog goes "live."  This is so we can experiment with the new sets, designer papers, and accessories. So since the Awtreys were a whole week late in arriving, I've been doing quite a bit of playing around with some of the new products.  I'm also in the process of making about 50 swap cards to take with me on my upcoming trip to Stampin'Up!'s Leadership meeting in Houston on Jan 8th-12th.

Here's one of my Leadership swaps.  I hope you'll find it inspiring!


                  
Let's see... there are three new products that I used to create this Spring-y card:

the new Decorative Dots embossing folder and two new stamp sets, Petal Parade ( a free Sale-a-bration set) and Happy Watercolor on page 22 of the Occasions catalog.
The colors are Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and So Saffron.

You can get this pretty new flowery set free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration (Jan. 28th to
March 31st, 2014.

I'm off to pack the car for SOS (Stamp out Stress) now!  Enjoy your day!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment