Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Fun Gift

Hello Stampers and Happy Wednesday to all!

I don't know if you remember this, but on Monday I said I'd have a great gift idea for you today.  This fun gift is fairly inexpensive to make, yet it is something that most women would love to have.  These are all over Pinterest... they are very popular right now.

Here's the photo for you so you can see what I'm talking about...



This display board would look great over a desk, in the kitchen, or just about anywhere.  You can use it to display cards, notes, invitations, photos, artwork... you get the idea!  Here are the steps to making a display board.  First purchase a wood frame with an open back.  All you need is the frame... no matting, no glass.   I got this one at Michael's and then sprayed it black.You could also use an old frame that you already have or shop for one at a thrift store.  Next, I cut some chicken wire (purchased in a small roll at Home Depot) using a pair of sturdy scissors to fit inside the frame.  The next step was stapling the chicken wire to the frame.  That's all there is to it!  Of course I had fun embellishing it with some pretty cards, a three-dimensional flower, and a cute tag.  I made this as a gift for one of the stampers in our Stamp2gether group, a group of StampinUp! demonstrators who get together monthly for dinner, stamping, and sharing ideas.

Here's a close-up of the two cards...





What stamper wouldn't love to have a board like this for displaying their cards?  Now that I have one display board under my belt, I think I'd like to make a few more. Wouldn't it be a great Mother's Day gift, complete with some sweet photos of the kiddos?  If you start right after Christmas, I'm sure you could finish by Mother's Day :)

OK, my friends!  That's it for today. Thanks for stopping in to check out my blog.  I know you are busy this very crazy time of year.   Please come back on Friday when I'll have another gift item to show you.  Meanwhile, try to "keep calm and carry on."  The world won't come to an end if you don't finish every last task on your list!

Hugs to all!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment