Monday, December 2, 2013

Making a list, checking it twice!


Wow... November passed in a blur, didn't it?  And now, ready or not, we've arrived at December, the month of list-making!  I'm really into making lists, so in December I'm happy because there are so many lists to make!  There's the Christmas card list, the gift list, the endless grocery lists, the list of cookies to make, the menus to plan, the "to-do" list of household chores that need to be done...the lists just go on and on! Should I make a list of my lists?  Luckily, I've armed myself with so many list pads that I will never run out and I can go on making lists for years, if not eternity.

I hope you've checked your email for the Cyber Monday specials and I'm hoping that you'll see something you just have to order!  Now let's get down to business, shall we?  Here's another project that you'll be making at my Santa's workshop class this coming Saturday, Dec. 7th...



Canning jars are so "in" right now.  If you don't believe me, check Pinterest and you'll see hundreds of ideas for canning jars.  This jar is so much nicer than the run-of-the-mill Mason jars.  It has a nice rubber gasket and a strong clamping  mechanism so that the contents of the jar will stay super-fresh. I decorated the top of the jar with a large circle cut from Old Olive card stock with one of the Circle Framelit Dies (page 186 of the Annual Catalog).  I then topped it with a window frame cut from Cherry Cobbler card stock with one of the Window Frame Framelit dies (also on page 186 of the Annual Catalog).  Last, I stamped "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" from the Tags 4 You stamp set (page 37 of the Holiday Catalog) and punched it out with the new Artisan Label Punch (also on page 37).  I added some Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon (page 173 of the Annual Catalog) for an extra pretty touch.

This fun jar could hold all sorts of goodies, from mulling spices, to tea, a special coffee blend, candy of all kinds, cookies, home-made toffee, hot cocoa mix, nuts, dried fruit... the possibilities are endless.  You could also fill it with non-edibles such as money, cosmetics, jewelry,concert tickets, gift certificates... whatever you can dream up.  

Well friends, I've got to run!  I've got lists to make!  
Thanks for reading my blog!  
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment