Friday, December 13, 2013

Life doesn't have to be perfect...


Hello Stamping People!

Oh boy!  The weekend is almost here!  I've got lots of Christmas-y Holiday events on my calendar and I hope you do too.  There are so many ways to make the most of this season... going out to a party, meeting friends for dinner, shopping and wrapping, or just staying home in a cozy house to bake cookies. Whatever you do is special, because it's Christmastime!  Put on some holiday tunes, wear red, hang some mistletoe and kick up your heels!

OK... enough holly-jollying... let's get back to the reason you're here... THE CARD!



The minute I saw this stamp set, called Perfect Pennants,I knew that I had to have it.  It is in the new Occasions catalog ( page 27) and it has a set of framelits to go with it called Banners Framelit Dies.
I heartily agree with this thought.  Life is pretty wonderful, even ordinary everyday life of the non-holiday variety.  Let's not wait until life is perfect to start enjoying it!  Life will never be perfect, but it is wonderful nonetheless.

This jolt of hot color is just what I needed to remind me that warmer weather lies ahead.  OK, waaayyy ahead, but still it's coming.  This fun paper is called Retro Fresh and the colors in the collection are Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, and Tangerine Tango.  I punched the flowers out with the Pansy Punch.  A new flower punch, the Petite Petals Punch, was used to punch out the next layer and then the center of the flower was done with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (page 180 of the annual catalog).
I stamped the sentiment in Baked Brown Sugar.  The fun new washi tape is called Retro Fresh This and That Washi Tape and it's on the same page (p. 19) as the Retro Fresh designer paper.

I'm hoping that you can hardly wait to see the new Occasions catalog, now that I've shown you some of the pretty products that you'll soon be able to play with.  Have a great weekend, everyone!  I'll see you back here on Monday, when I'll have more new goodies to inspire you.
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment