Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rain, rain, GO AWAY!!!


Hello Stamping Friends!

OK, enough!  Enough I say!  This rain has got to stop!

Actually, the weather report says it should be much nicer by Friday, so I'm just hoping that forecast will hold.  I hate how the weatherman teases us with a great looking forecast, but then changes it before the nice days arrive.  I guess we should be accustomed to that by now.

I'm guessing we all need to see something cheery today, so let me think about which card might have that uplifting effect.  Hmmm, maybe this card would brighten your day just a little.  Let me know if it works...




This sunny card features the new (actually it's a returning In-color) Crushed Curry ink and ribbon.  The DSP is from the Eastern Elegance Collection ( page154).  This particular sheet has the new color Smoky Slate, along with Crushed Curry and Whisper White.  The focal image is the new stamp called Beautifully Baroque (page 113).  It is not as large as a typical background stamp and comes in wood-mount only.  I stamped the sentiment from the Four You set  (p. 22) in Basic Gray.  I love how this turned out... clean and simple, but the DSP and the focal image lend an elegance that is enhanced by the beautiful chevron ribbon.   And, look ma, no Big Shot ( or punches, or pearls!)  It is entirely possible to make a pretty card without all of those extras.  

Sorry I can stay around and chat today, but as usual I've got a lot of stuff to accomplish today, and I'm pretty sure you've got some things you need to check off your list as well.  So let's get to work, shall we?
But please don't forget to come back on Friday for another classic card.  Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment