Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cool smooth Pistachio Pudding...

Happy Wednesday, stampers, and thanks for coming by for a bowl of cool, smooth Pistachio Pudding!

 No, I'm afraid I don't have a new recipe for you, but I do have some Pistachio Pudding to share with you today... in the form of a card.  As you know (or maybe you don't) Pistachio Pudding is one of the new In-colors that was just introduced in the brand new catalog.  And a lovely color it is!  In fact, it is quickly becoming my "go to" green when I'm debating about which green to use on a card.  It looks especially fresh and cool when combined with Whisper White.  Check out this sample and you'll see what I mean---



If you've been shopping lately, this color seems to be everywhere in stores... purses, blouses, sweaters... you name it!  The stamp set is one of the new hostess sets.  It's called Simply Sketched.  You can see the whole set on page 205 of the new catalog. It will only set you back ten hostess dollars, so you'd easily be able to get this great set free, just by hosting a stamping party.  The saying is also from the same set.  I colored the poppy with my Calypso Coral stamp pad and an aqua painter.... so easy and fun.  The Pistachio Pudding mat behind the circle was cut with one of the framelits in the Floral Frames Collection.  I embossed the top of the white panel with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, then embossed the bottom with scalloped folder in the Delicate Designs set (page 190). I love the white on white look with the White Taffeta ribbon on the Whisper White card stock.

I hope all of you are as thankful as I am for the sunshine and warm weather we're having.  Today was just glorious, wasn't it?  There's nothing more beautiful than Oregon when the sun is shining!  Enjoy each sunny moment that you can and let's just hope this great weather lasts through the weekend, because there are a TON of graduation parties scheduled.

Well, my friends, that's about all for today, except to say thank you again for reading my blog and please come back on Friday when I'll have another new card for you showing you more GREAT NEW STUFF... things you absolutely cannot live without!  Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Hugs,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment