Friday, June 14, 2013

Is it Art???

Hello stampers!
Happy Friday!
I hope you've got some relaxing and fun things planned for the weekend that is almost here!  The Seattle troops are arriving on Saturday so that we can celebrate Father's Day together.The weather man says it will be partly cloudy on Sunday and that's OK... just as long as it doesn't pour buckets like it did on Thursday, as we'll be trying to grill some steaks. Oh, and we'll be celebrating Mother's Day as well, since we weren't able to get together on May 12th.  If you haven't made some Father's Day cards for the men in your life, you better get busy... there's not a lot of time left!

Over the next several posts I'll be sharing the cards that you'll be making at my "Put a Bird On It" class, which is coming up on Saturday, June 22nd at 1 pm at my house.  As most of us know "put a bird on it" is a line from the show Portlandia. It was suggested that if you add a bird, the object automatically becomes "art."  I don't know if the card I have for you today is "art" or not, but it most definitely has a bird on it.  Check it out right here...



I was going for a very bright look with this card, so the colors I used are Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Pear Pizzazz.  I'm still missing the now discontinued Lucky Limeaid, but I know I must move on. The stamp sets I used are Papaya Collage (there's NO papaya in that set!) and the new Label Love set ( page 33 of the new catalog). I love that there's a punch that matches (Artisan Label Punch, page 181).  The fun thing about this card is that the bird is stamped in Jet Black Staz-On ink on an acetate window sheet (p. 156), which is then adhered over the stamped background. The flower is from the new set Flower Shop... a great new set with 6 great flower images in it.  And best of all... there's a new punch that will punch all the flowers called the Pansy Punch (page 183). The Honeycomb embossing folder (page 191) adds another touch of nature to the card.  Is it art?  I'm not sure, but it was a fun card to make!

I would love to have you attend my Put a Bird On It class.  It will be a fun afternoon and you'll go home with 4 great cards plus a pretty folder that will hold the cards and envelopes.... all for a mere $15 or free with a $40 purchase. If you have checked out stamping classes at local stamp stores or paper stores, you'll realize that $15 for 4 cards, envelopes, and a card holder is a steal of a deal.  On top of that, at my house you'll get some yummy snacks as well AND door prizes too, something those other places don't offer.

Have a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend!  Please come back on Monday when I'll have another birdy card for you!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment