Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fun Stuff!

Hello there, stampin' enthusiasts!

Thanks for coming back to The Classic Card to see what I have in store for you today.  First of all, a big thank you to everyone who attended my first Sketch-of-the-Month class on Monday night.  I think everyone enjoyed the concept of following a sketch and seeing how completely different cards can look, even though they are based on the same sketch or layout.   I've got two more "Sketch-of-the-Month classes coming up... one on July 26th (a Friday night) and one on Tuesday, August 20th. Both classes are at 6:30 and if you are coming directly from work, you'll appreciate the light dinner I'm serving.   I hope you'll be able to join me for one or both.  I guarantee that you'll learn something new and have fun, all while making three great cards.  The cost is $10 or free with a $40 purchase.

The mailman brought me a wonderful surprise yesterday.... the new holiday catalog.  The title on the cover is "Your Guide to Holiday Happiness."  It looks more like a magazine than a catalog, and reads like one too.  The first seventeen pages are devoted to beautiful photos of all sorts of cards, wrapping, ornaments, and other goodies made with the new stamps, paper, and accessories.  Then, mid-catalog, the format shifts to what we're more accustomed to... stamp sets, paper, and accessories. This catalog will knock your socks off and I've heard nothing but raves about it so far from my fellow demonstrators.  You'll receive this catalog in the mail somewhere around mid to late July.  Ordering starts on August 1st.

Before I get to the card, I have to put in a little advertisement for my Put a Bird On It class that is coming up on Saturday, June 22nd at 1 pm. This is the 3rd and last technique class in my three part series.  Over the next few days I'll be giving you a peek of the cards you'll be making. The class includes 4 cards, each featuring a different technique plus envelopes and a pretty folder to store them in.  If you'd like to attend, please send a check for $15 to hold your spot.  I won't cash your check and if you make a $40 purchase the day of the class, I'll return your check to you.  I make a real effort to give you a lot of value for your money.  Four cards, envelopes, and a gift folder would cost at least twice as much at a local stamp or paper store.

OK... enough jabbering!  Let's get to the card...



Isn't this a fun card just brimming with fun stuff?  I received this card at a recent demonstrator event from the talented Janet Jones.  I'm so glad she's in my group... her cards are always so well-designed!  The colors she used are:  Baked Brown Sugar for the card base along with Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe.  That fun DSP is in the Epic Day This and That collection (page 154). She's used several punches... the Blossom Punch (p. 183), the two different sizes of butterfly punches (also on page 183) and the 1 1/4 inch Scallop Circle Punch (p. 182).  I love how she used the cool new Epic Day This and That Washi Tape (p. 155).  This tape is so easy to use.  You can cut it or tear it for a more distressed look and you can reposition it if you don't like the way it looks the first time.  The cute little flag with the sentiment is from the new hostess set Banner Greetings ( page 202).  Speaking of hostesses... I'd love it if you'd book a party with me and soon you could be stamping with this fun new set.  Best of all, it will take only 8 of your hostess dollars!

Well, stampers, I could ramble on all day, but I must get back to work.  I'm in the middle of making swaps for convention and I've got a LOT of stampin' to do!  Please come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration!

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment