Monday, June 10, 2013

Fluttering By...

Hello stamping friends!

Well, here we are back at Monday again!  The days and weeks are just fluttering by... just like the butterflies on today's card.  We're making this tonight at my "Sketch-of-the-Month" class.  I thought it would be fun to try something new, and since I've been primarily doing technique classes, I thought I'd try some classes based on a sketch.  Tonight, June 10th is the first class.  The second one is on Friday July 26th and the last one is on Tuesday, August 20th.  All of the classes start at 6:30, with a light dinner.  At each class you'll make three cards based on the sketch I've picked for that month.  I hope you'll be able to join me for two or three of these classes as I think you'll see how easy it is to follow a sketch and how many different looks you can achieve, just by varying the stamps, ink, and paper.

Here's the card...


I found this very simple sketch in a stamping magazine and thought it would be perfect for our first class.
The colors are Island Indigo, Pool Party, and Whisper White.  The DSP is from the Quatrefancy collection.
The stamps are from the very popular Papillon Potpourri set and butterflies are punched with the Elegant Bufferfly Punch and the Bitty Butterfly punch.  The ribbon is the 3/8 inch taffeta in Whisper White. I embossed the Island Indigo panel with the Honeycomb folder, but wish I had used the new Modern Mosaic folder.  I think I'll switch the folders for the class, since the Modern Mosaic folder coordinates with the Quatrefancy DSP.

I'm busily working on my next class, Put a Bird on It, which is coming up on Saturday June 22nd at 1 o'clock at my house.  This technique class will feature 4 cards and envelopes, plus an easy card holder to store them in... all with a bird theme.  I hope you'll join me and add to your card-making expertise.

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you'll all enjoy an easy and stress-free week!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment