Friday, June 7, 2013

A Rose for the Rose Festival

Hello stampers and thanks for stopping in this fine Friday!

Yippee... it's almost the weekend and that's a happy thing indeed!  The weather is good, school is almost out for the summer, and life is good.  Oh, and it's Rose Festival time as well.  The sunny weather we've been having has definitely made my roses happier.  Mr. Lincoln has a few lingering patches of "black spot," but my Princess Diana rose is looking wonderful.  If you are nuts about roses, I highly recommend getting a  Princess Diana rose--- a hybrid tea rose. It has gorgeous pink blooms with creamy yellow centers and the plant is fairly disease-resistant.  The leaves are dark and glossy but the fragrance is what I love most about this rose.  To me, it smells like fresh raspberries... yum!  So in honor of the Portland Rose Festival, here is my card for today



This is a stamp set I haven't used in a while, but every time I use it, I get excited about it all over again.  It's called Stippled Blossoms and it is on page 69 of the new catalog.  It is a two-step set, so it really helps to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect alignment of the stamps.  We'll be making this pretty card at Apryll's party on Saturday, so if you'd like to learn how to use a two-step stamp set with the Stamp-a-ma-jig, please drop me an email and I'll add your name to the list.

The colors I used for the rose are Pink Pirouette and Primrose Petals.  The leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. Both the rose and the leaves are cut out by hand, which looks more difficult than it really is.  If you use a pair of the small and sharp Stampin'Up! Paper Snips ( page 177),  you can swoop around that rose and those leaves in no time!  The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake (page 14) and the ribbon is the beautiful Stitched Satin in Primrose Petals.

I hope that all of you will enjoy a relaxing weekend!  After all, that's what weekend are for!  You can do the laundry on a weeknight after work.  Get out there and enjoy yourself... go to a farmer's market, plant something, grill something for dinner, have fun!  Life is short so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  Oh, and please come back on Monday because I'll have another fun card to share with you.

Hugs,
Susan


1 comment:

  1. That is such a beautiful card, Susan! It reminds me I need to dust off that stamp set as well.

    ReplyDelete