Monday, June 24, 2013

Bye-Bye Birdy!


Happy Monday to all of my stamping friends!  

As promised, the bird cards have all flown away!  I thought you could use something bright and sunny, since it is supposed to rain today.  This is a card that I made for an organized swap that I'm participating in at the Stampin'Up! convention.  Most of the swapping that goes on at convention is just "general swapping," meaning that you swap randomly with anyone and everyone.  An organized swap is much different, in that the organizer is the person who sets the rules for the swap.  The name of this swap is "In With the New," and we had to use a new stamp set and as many new products as possible on our cards.  First, take a peek and then I'll give you a quick list of the products...



The stamp set I chose for the swap is called Too Kind (p. 71). When I first saw this set, I immediately loved the two step image. I stamped first in Daffodil Delight and then the second layer is the new In-color, Crisp Cantaloupe.  The stems are stamped in Pear Pizzazz.  The linen-like DSP is from the new Gingham Garden collection (p. 153).  The sentiment was punched with the new Artisan Label Punch (p. 181) and the new Ruffled Stretch Trim in Crisp Cantaloupe (p. 173) adds a fun feminine touch.  I punched out a butterfly with the Elegant Butterfly punch and then embossed it with the Fancy Fan Folder.  

I'm hoping the bright Daffodil Delight card stock adds a bit of sunshine to your day.  Mondays can be tough, especially rainy Mondays, so maybe you'd feel better if you got out some bright colors and made something in sunny summery hues.  Hang on... the rain can't last forever (although it can seem like forever).  
Thank you for coming by to read my post for today.  I appreciate all of you so much!  Please come back on Wednesday when I'll have another classic card for you!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment