Monday, June 17, 2013

A Little Monday Bird...

Hello Stampers!

Happy Monday and welcome back to The Classic Card!

Hope all of my readers enjoyed a great Father's Day weekend and the nice weather that came with it.  This was the first time we got out the grill and thanks to my son-in-law Eli, we enjoyed some perfectly cooked steaks!  The grandchildren had a grand old time playing in their sandbox in the back yard and watering my plants with their watering cans.  They entertained themselves for hours!

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be showing you projects that we'll be making at my technique class, called Put a Bird On It,  coming up next Saturday, June 22nd at 1 pm at my house.  I know June is a busy month and there are all sorts of activities competing for your time and attention, but  I'd love to have you sign up for my class, as it is the last technique class I'll be doing for a while.  My goal is to teach you ideas and techniques that will help you create cards that reflect your growing skills in card-making.  And isn't it always fun to try something new?

Today, I want to show you the folder that you'll make to hold your cards and envelopes.  You are going to love the simplicity of this little gem.  It takes just one sheet of 12 by 12 card stock or Designer Series Paper (DSP for short).  Just a couple of folds, a couple of cuts, and you have a cool way to package cards and envelopes for a perfect gift.  Check it out....



You can decorate the front of the folder in lots of different ways.  Probably the easiest thing you could do would be to cut some DSP and just adhere it to the front, then tie some coordinating ribbon around it.  To go along with the bird theme, I decided to stamp a collage-y design on some Very Vanilla card stock.  I used the set Betsy's Blossoms and the colors Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, and Chocolate Chip.  Once you've cut the ribbon and tied it around the folder in a knot, it can easily be slipped on and off to access the cards and envelopes.... no need to untie it.  Once you learn how easy it is to make this, you'll be making them for all sorts of occasions.  It is very easy to change the size, so you could make one for smaller notecards or larger cards as well.

I'm off to my exercise class.  I cannot sit here all day... I must get out the door and MOVE before my hands become permanently attached to my keyboard!  Thanks for stopping by today and thank you for reading my blog.  I appreciate each one of you more than you know.  May the week ahead be a good one for you!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment