Monday, October 29, 2012

Today's the Spooktacular Sale!

Hello to all of you soggy stampers and happy Monday!
Looks like it's going to be another wet week, but at least we aren't preparing for a mega-storm, so that is a blessing!

Wasn't it just a spectacularly wet weekend?  To tell you the truth, I was so busy that the weather didn't really register.  The weekend was full of fun with the grandchildren and fun with stamping customers, so it was great even though the weather wasn't the best.  Friday night my customer Amy held her party here and then Sunday was my annual Think Pink event.  And let me say... it was PINK!  We had raspberry lemonade, strawberry cupcakes with pink icing and pink sprinkles, and even some rolled sandwiches that were pink (well, ham is pink).  We made 2 fun-fold cards (both were pink, of course) and almost everyone who attended wore pink. Even the door prizes were pink!  It was a pinkalicious day indeed! 

But let's get to today's news... the Sell-a-stamp Spooktacular Sale... where for one day (today, Monday October 29th), you'll get 15% off all stamp sets, single stamps, personalized stamps, and cookie stamps. (The fine print...   bundled products are not included, nor are hostess sets or digital stamp brush sets that are used with My Digital Studio).

If you would like to order a stamp set or two, contact me by phone or email to place your order if you'd like to save on the $6.95 minimum shipping charge.  I will be placing an order this afternoon, so get your order to me by noon today.  That way, you'll only pay 10% for shipping.  I will take your credit card number over the phone, or you can send me a check.... whatever you prefer works for me.

Since today is the Spooktacular Sale, I thought I'd show you a spooktacular card.  Check it out...



This is yet another swap card, so I can't take credit for the great layout and choice of stamps.  This card is the work of an anonymous demonstrator who was on the Hilton Head Getaway trip with me.  I'm not sure why anyone would go to all the trouble of participating in an organized swap and not bother putting their name on the card, but there is nothing on the back to identify the creator.  So, while I would like to give the proper credit, I cannot. 
I'm not a big fan of scary, gory, or creepy Halloween cards and decorations, but I think this card has just the right mix of gothic-looking elements (the gate, the raven, and the ornate pattern stamped in Basic Black on the Tangerine Tango strip) and a Halloween-y color scheme.  Let's go over what Ms. Anonymous used:

Stamps:  Toxic Treats (p. 25 of the Holiday catalog)
               Etruscan Elegance Jumbo Wheel (also on page 25)
Ink:        Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
Paper:    Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray
Accessories: Lacy Brocade embossing folder ( p. 6 of the Holiday catalog)
               Label Collection Framelits ( p. 191 of the Annual catalog)
               Dotted Ribbon Scallop Border punch (p. 183 of the Annual catalog)

Speaking of Halloween... do you have your candy yet?  I have a giant bag of Tootsie Roll pops... my "go to" candy for Halloween for many years.  There are two big reasons I keep buying these year after year.  First and most importantly, I do not like Tootsie Roll pops.  I'm not the least bit tempted to even open the bag, let alone eat one.  The same cannot be said for yummy goodies like Twix bars
(love those!) or the dark chocolate mint 3 Musketeers bars (addictive!) or any kind of Milky Way bars (dark or regular... I don't discriminate!).  The second big reason I buy the Tootsie Roll pops is that they come 300 to a bag, which I find very reassuring, as I don't want to run out of Halloween candy just when the high-schoolers show up with their king-sized pillowcases.  That would be truly scary!  And the thought of my house draped in toilet paper is not at all appealing, so I want to make sure I have plenty of candy!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!  Don't forget to come back for a visit on Wednesday when I'll have another card that I hope you'll find inspiring.
Susan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment