Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Little Fall Color

Hello Stamping Friends!

Welcome to Wednesday and thanks for stopping by for a visit to The Classic Card!

Yesterday was such a treat!  I just loved the break from the rain, the bright blue sky, and the gorgeous trees in our neighborhood.  It was our day to babysit Allie and we all enjoyed our sunny walk to the park where Allie spent a long time in the baby swing.  She loves being outside in the fresh air.  Fall is such a pretty time of year here in Oregon, at least when the sun is out. 

Today I've got a fall card for you, made by clever demonstrator Elizabeth Hurst.  I received this one during a swap I participated in while on the trip to Hilton Head Island.  I hope you aren't getting tired of these swaps, because I've still got a LOT to show you.  Of course, I'm only showing you the best of the best.  Check out this pretty fall color...



 
I love the colors she used!  The golden color of the focal image is a very close match to the leaves on the birch tree outside my stamp room window.    The stamp set is Day of Gratitude and the colors are More Mustard, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, and Soft Suede.  Look at the cute little corrugated top on the acorn.   That was cut from a Starbucks coffee sleeve with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die (p. 33 of the Holiday catalog).  See?  I told you she was clever!  I wouldn't have thought of that, but I'm certainly going to copy her idea.  She sponged it with some Chocolate Chip ink to give it a little extra dimension. 

Well, friends, that's it for today!  I'm busily preparing for Bunco Night this Friday.  I've got some fun prizes to give away,and all the hostess dollars will be given away as well.  It should be a hoot!

Please come back on Friday, when I'll have another card to show you.  Meanwhile, make the world a prettier place--- stamp!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment